Translucent Teeth?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dignan

Stalwart
Reaction score
Are partially translucent teeth pretty normal, or can that be an indicator of excessive bone loss or potential dental issues from taking AEDs for too long?

Sounds like more of a dentist question. If you're worried about bone loss, a dental assistant will usually do a test consisting of measurements.

If you have dental insurance, that is where I would start. Translucent is a pretty strange word to use regarding teeth. I have very weak enamel, but that has been the case from long before I was on any anti-epileptic drugs. As for bone loss, I have absolutely no signs of it. Been on depakote, but currently on keppra and vimpat.

Back
Top Bottom