Triggers

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heat...
Every summer I have seizures, every TC I have had has happened between the months of May and August, which makes me nervous as we approach the summer yet again. I don't have TCs every summer but when I do have them they seem to be happening more and more.

Not every summer will get me but when it does get me it likes to get me more than once.

I have partials year round and lack of sleep is a big contributor to that as well as high caffeine intake and low blood pressure (which also contributes to the TCs)

Lack of sleep is a trigger for me, but at the same time I find it almost impossible to sleep most nights. My Neurologist is reluctant to give me sleeping pills because he feels that might increase my seizures. Any tips for getting sleep? When I do fall asleep before 3am, I'll wake up during the night.

Heat, dehydration, getting out of my sleep routine, and emotional stress.

Seagull,

give your husband some money. Let him come home safely.

HG

Stuff that he can walk.silly bugger refused use mob phone I BOUGHT for him.i did force myself and did suffer next day.In 30years I had e he should know by now some of my triggers
I forgot mention coffee that can be trigger but think it caffeine I once had red bull never again I suffered good twenty four hours being left with one big migraine.
Red wine not good either,but amount of sleep you getting not helping.My daughterinlaw says sleep hygiene is bad by that I mean radio or tv on but I need something Liston to when not sleeping catch 22

Back
Top Bottom