Trileptal side effects, Acne??????????

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rory

New
Reaction score
Hi all. today is my second day on trileptal, 300mg a day for 2 weeks and then 600 a day.
its only after my 4th dose and i have a few small spots/zits/pimples around my mouth and chin, about 5, i just read that acne can be a side effect. thing is is that i have never had spots ever, not even in my teens, i get one maybe once a year around my eyebrow area but thats it. but im thinking its too early for something like this side effect wise.
Also im very angry today, dont know why, could just be the day, i really want this drug to work but i will not stand for acne, im too old to be getting spots.
Im coming off keppra also, down to 1000mg a day from 1500mg, could this be it?
i really dont want acne, but if it will pass i'll put up with it, i dont want to annoy my gp or epilepsy nurse with every little thing.

I think many of the anti-seizure meds cause acne. I never had any acne as a teen either, but both Dilantin and now Lamictal have given me chin acne similar to what you describe. It's tolerable as side effects go, but annoying. :(

Thanks, I'll see how i go, i dont feel too bad about it this morning, im still dealing with lunacy from keppra so until that is out of my system im just going to try and relax about things till then.

i just noticed what i thought was a spot under my right pec, so i squeezed it and just managed to make it bleed under the skin a lot, the whole area around it is really easy to make bleed into the skin just with a little squeeze but no where else i have tried. should i be worried. they look like petechiae, im freaking out a little

Back
Top Bottom