Update on today's appointment...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Wobblez

New
Reaction score
Well building on my previous post earlier in the week, I saw a psychologist today who I've seen before a while ago. She made some interesting points that I thought I'd share.

Firstly, she mentioned that temporal lobe epilepsy patients definitely have co-morbidity with anxiety and depression because the temporal lobe is located next to the Amygdala, part of your limbic or "emotional system". I wonder if this is why tonic clonics make you more tearful than partials? (in my experience) Is it because the sparklers have "generalised" to the Amygdala? Food for thought anyway.

She also agreed the Depo injection I've had could very well be causing my low mood, but we plan to discuss it with my GP before deciding if its worth toughing it out and seeing if I adjust, or trying something new.

Overall, she said she thought I was doing really well, seemed calm and content and offered to do some hypnosis and teach me some more relaxation exercises next time =) I feel better now I have a plan:banana:

My mouth is still numb and tastes funny and my head still hurts though!:ponder:

I feel better now I have a plan

That can make a big difference, can't it? Any guesses as to what's causing the numbness and the headaches? Meds or seizures? (the eternal question...)

Hi, I'm glad your appointment went well.

I have TLE too, and I also have the depo injection. I've read so much about how this can sometimes cause low mood/depression etc, but I've also read a lot about how helpful it is due to being progesterone only in helping to prevent hormone related seizures.

It's been pointed out to me before that a lot of mood stuff is probably due to the TLE, (or maybe it's the medicaiton, or maybe it's your situation....or maybe we just don't know).

I think anything you can do that helps to off set it is great, and having a plan and some control is definitely awesome.

I have left temporal lobe epilepsy and Ive tried the depo shot once. I hated it. I went back when I was suppose to get my next shot and asked for something else. I then tried the patch, the ring, and finally I am now on a low dose of birth control pills. For me, the pills work better.

Im glad things are going well with the dr. :)

Back
Top Bottom