Update, whats going on now. Need support and prayers!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLynn

New
Reaction score
Hi guys,
On a recent post I asked about anyone being dizzy at all, and didnt get much response. Well, this is what happened since:
I collapsed wednesday morning after getting out of bed and taking about five steps!
I passed out, smacked my knee, and feels like whip lash from the fall. Went to ER, they sent me home with vertigo meds, although I couldnt walk on my own at all. Lost all sense of balance!
Been scared to death. Got an MRI last night, and the ER doc on duty called with the results, and was REALLY mad that the other ER doc didnt order an MRA. I now have to go back for the MRA tomorrow morning, to check for vascular problems or an aneurysm!
I told the ER doc this evening that I got a little balance back, and could walk a little. He asked if I walked like I'm drunk, and I said yes, which furthered his concern that I have an aneurysm. I am so... scared.
They do not believe this one was a seizure. The MRI I had last night, results still show the same as a year and a half ago, with just slighty more scarring on my temporal lobe.
Anyway, I go back tomorrow at ten a.m. for the MRA. My husband has been having to carry me around since I couldnt walk. Now that I got just a little balance back and to hear this, Im afriad to move. My husband took off, we had a trip planned, now no one can go. I feel so bad. I think he's mad at me. I know he's mad at me, he doesnt even want to talk to me now.
I dont want to say anymore to my kids or family, I think Im scaring them too.
Please send me your prayers,
Thanks much,
JLynn

JLynn - I am thinking that this last ER doc is on the ball. He could have pushed you off until after the holiday weekend, but instead he is making sure that you are okay.

If you catch it soon enough it is fixable. Rebecca had an MRA and it is amazing what they can see. I know you are scared, but you know to be careful and rest until the test. If they see something they will take care of it right away.

I am sorry that you are missing a fun trip with your husband and that he is being so childish. I think he most likely is just scared and doesn't want to face the reality of it all.
I know you don't want to talk about it to your kids and family, but perhaps there is one person that you can relay your fears, and that will be there for you during the test and when you hear the results.

Just take one step at a time, and you will get through the rough waters.
Keep us informed as you are in my prayers.

I'm glad you are getting better attention to the matter now JLynn. I'll be hoping that it is something easily corrected.

My husband took off, we had a trip planned, now no one can go. I feel so bad. I think he's mad at me. I know he's mad at me, he doesnt even want to talk to me now.

Sometimes the rudder breaks as we are steering the boat around on the river of life. Everyone deals with the disappointment of unrealized expectations differently. Just thank him for being there for you and tell him you love him (works for me).

Hi JLynn,

I am so sorry you are having such a bad time right now. Hopefully, they will get to the bottom of this and they sound like they are really checking into everything..that's good! There will be other fun trips..so don't even think about that. Just take good care and feel better and rest up! I will be thinking about you and praying for you. Hugs for you!!
Michelle

Aww, JLynn

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of it. It's a great thing that the 2d ER doctor is doing. KUDOS to him. Take some deep breaths, in and out, in and out. Don't give yourself a panic attack.......easier said than done, I know.

As for your husband, Knock him upside the head with a cast iron skillet or something. He's being ridiculous. Your health is ultimately important than anything else....or doesn't he understand that?? What a goober. Or, maybe give him a kiss as Mr B suggested...

Good luck......I wish you the best.

Meetz

Thanks for the prayers guys! I still cant walk on my own, but the MRA was clear today, no clogged arteries or bleeding in my brain.
So, now Im wondering if possibly I had a "drop attack" seizure and if when I hit the floor it knocked something loose in my ears and that is why I lost my sense of balance?
I go to an ent next week.
Anyone have drop attack seizures? Are they just like passing out?
Thanks again :)
JLynn

Great news so far on your tests Jlynn

It was thought about 5 years ago that I had 2 drop seizures, I was in my office, I got up to walk out the door, before I made it too the door, I went blank, I had a sensation where my legs thought they had tripped over something (there was nothing there), after that I remember nothing until I was picking myself up off the floor using sore knees, the whole incident was very short, my boss was in the office with her back to me and she didn't notice. The second occured whilst walking upstairs (good job it wasn't going down), the seizures have never been able to be confirmed as 'drops' as I havent done it since and both times there were no witnesses. Does this sound similar?

yes it does sound very simular.
I got about five steps to the door, went to reach for the handle, and I felt a big woosh from the top of my head and felt every muscle in my body lose all strength, all in one second. I did not feel myself hit the floor, which tells me I was unconcious for a matter of seconds.
when I realized I was on the floor but still couldnt see and a sensation of spinning down a hole, I screamed and my husband came in.
When he tried to get me up to the bed, I discovered I had no balance to do so, and still spinning with movement of any kind.
With other seizures Ive had, I have lost vision, if only for a second or two, and I have slid to the floor, but never flat dropped passed the heck out like that before.
Later that night I realized I had injured my neck in the fall, as well as a sore bruised knee, which is no big deal and getting better now. Glad I didnt smack my head, Thank God.
This "vertigo" that it is being called is intense, and not improving yet.
I had dizziness before, but never vertigo like this, it is awful.
BUt still I am happy it isnt something worse.
I hope that "drop" never happens to me again, very very scary.
They gave me some antivert medication, which I dont care for much, it isnt a cure, and only slightly takes the edge off, so I only take half of one.
Anyway, they did say my mri was mostly unchanged other than a slight bit more increased T2 signal, which means possibly more damage.
Maybe the drop caused it, who knows....
Glad you guys are here!
I see my neuro again on the 10th, I guess I will see what she thinks then.
:)

possibility -
When the head moves, endolymph fluid in the membranous labyrinth shifts, telling nerve receptors to signal the brain about the body's motion. If the amount of endolymph increases, doctors believe, the membranous labyrinth can balloon or dilate. If it then ruptures, endolymph fluid can mix with perilymph fluid in the bony labyrinth, causing Meniere's symptoms. The underlying cause of Meniere's is still unknown, though many hypotheses have been advanced.

Symptoms include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, unsteadiness, a sense of fullness in the ear, ringing in the ear (tinnitus), headache, abdominal discomfort and hearing loss, which can increase if the disease progresses. These symptoms occur in three stages of severity, as the disease advances, and can happen with varying frequency, duration and intensity. Usually, attacks are sudden and may last several hours. The very first episode may last longer than 24 hours, but subsequent episodes do not. While children can get MD, it most commonly affects men and women between 20 and 50.

Diagnosis is difficult because other conditions present some of the same symptoms, so diagnostic testing is critical, including radiological studies.

http://www.menieres-guidebook.com/g...ieresdisease&gclid=CI7VwrjytpUCFRNOagodWi_BQg

I have known two people with this disorder, and both were helped by making dietary changes.

Back
Top Bottom