Upset Stomach

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My medication causes an extremely upset stomach. I feel so sick to my stomach sometimes that I can't get myself to eat at some meals. At the hospital during my Video EEG they gave me Nexium and it was a thing of beauty. BUT I do not want to get on any more medication... it's all about the money honey lol!

I've tried chamomile tea, but that doesn't help that much. Neither does a warm pad. A full stomach kind of helps, but even so it makes me wretch a bit. So does anyone have any other remedies for it?

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Jackie! :)

Maybe taking the meds after meals would help? Maybe you need to drink more water?

You might ask your doc/pharmacist about the timing of your doses.

Id talk to the Dr as well but I know when my stomach is queasy I have just a few plain crackers or a piece of plain toast. Ginger ale is supposed to soothe stomachs as well.
I hope you feel better.
joan*

Ginger....as in ginger ale or ginger tea. Just buy some ginger root at the grocery store, cut off 2 or 3 slim pieces, and then boil them. Keeping crackers or melba toast close to hand might help too.

:agree:Ginger was a lifesaver for me when I had morning sickness and I still use it now if I feel sick. Anything ginger, biscuits, tea, even sniffing ginger aromatherapy oil helped. It's not for everyone, but I'd swear by it

Munchy xx

I also have ginger every day

but be aware that the ginger-ale from the stores doesn't have any ginger in it. When I am sick the bubbles do help my stomach though.

I have had a drink called "ginger beer" that is non-alchoholic but is made with ginger. I love the taste of it.

Back
Top Bottom