Urinating during seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brandibrat... good one about the 'piss drunk' haha!! tho i've been lucky never to do that either, you make a very great point :)

also about/to your son in law. *big sigh* tell him from me at cwe if he wants to be a GOOD emt he should learn more about seizures before making ANY opinion. i've had many grand mals, 3 brought on in a seizure unit and witnessed by neuro nurses, and am on my way to brain surgery and have never peed a drop, nor needed to when i woke up. no professional in my 19 years has ever questioned it.
*shake head*... good for you for putting him in his place, i hope he was a bit embarrassed.

Amen, qtowngirl.... he was. And my daughter knew not to speak a word because when her mom gets her feathers ruffled its best it sit quiet. I still shake my head when I think back to that conversation.

I don't know a lot about E but I did know that and I didn't want him pushing his prejudices off on his patients.

lol feathers ruffled and them not speaking a word.......... any advice on how to get a STEPdaughter to do that hehe.....?

ohhhhhhhhhh......... don't tempt me hehe.........!!

Pita, my son in law in an EMT (a very young one) and we had a bit of a war of words a couple weeks back about this very subject. He said when he goes out on calls and the person he is responding to has not lost bladder control he often believes they are faking it. I about flipped out on him when he said that!! Let me just tell you by the time we finished our conversation, he may have changed his opinion a bit. At the very least, he wasn't saying much.
That episode I had in March I remember the EMT telling my then wife that it looked like I was throwing a fit! I continued to seize in the Ambulance and when I finally got to the ER they Since I did'nt do any of that they were hesitant to even shoot me with ativan. That started my 8 month journey fighting the PNES diagnosis

Pita, I'm sorry to hear that and it chaps my hyde. He's not going to like it, but I think the next time they call (they live in Fort Worth) I'm going to ask him why it is he feels that way and whether it's taught in school. I won't bite his head off this time :bigmouth: so he may even explain himself rather than sit quiet haha.

I'm sure that's what hear learned in school. It not his fault so take it easy on him. Just give him this site and let him see the proof for him self!

Yeah in the pscyh ward I heard the nurse mutter too the doctor its pseudo because I didn't bite my tongue and blood pressure was fine bare in mind they always left it ages before they took it but the main docs were very concerned and tried too get my next neuro appiinnent sooner, some people hey? Thanks for standing up Brandi :-D

Back
Top Bottom