Using Facebook

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

flinnigan

New
Reaction score
This will be my facebook status the rest of the month. If there is anything particular anyone thinks I need to say. Let me know. Thanks

OK I'm gonna be a butt head. I'm so sick of the pink campaign. When pharmacies put pink lids on meds its crossing the line. So now for the rest of November (Epilepsy Awareness Month) I'm going to place a fact or dispel a myth everyday. Thanks for listening.

NEVER EVER PUT ANYTHING IN A SEIZING PERSONS MOUTH. Steve Harvey your an A**

good job flinnigan! I'm doing this too. But i'm gonna add in "if you care about epilepsy, copy and paste my daily satus into yours.

also add your new daily status here every morning so I can copy it to mine. I dont know much yet, but do feel the need to advocate. my newspapers dont listen.

Will do Rae - Yea the media is ridiculous. I've was sending info to my local paper for 2 weeks and what do they do - write an article about November being hospice and home health care month. I thought I had a good contact at a radio station. All I was trying to do was get an upcoming Epilepsy conference on their bulletin board. Found out the lady in charge has a daughter with E and she never posted it. So frustrating.

Way to go everybody! Get the word out.

this is the response I received on my facebook page as I posted flinnigan's thoughts
"matt, stop that shit, when the eplipesy foundation works with the pharmacy to put ou8t purple lids for all scripts then you will hvae something to grip about. sounds like you need to get the the ef and find out why they havnt done the same thing...."

I love this girl she is a great friend, but I need help picking my jaw off the floor.

this has really got me upset... she is calling me out on my facebook page and didn't even check her spelling.. refers to the epilepsy foundation, with ef. I like the part where it is our faults for not working with the pharmacy.. She has to know that the pharmacy does not make the medicine bottles right? please go to my facebook page and take a moment to let all my friends and family know there are others with epilepsy. search matchu rogers on facebook, be glad to add new friends.

Last edited:
Yeah that's not cool... what a thing for her to say.

We do have to unite and support each other. The more people we educate the better!

Man....what a friend!
I put epilepsy facts on my facebook for a few days...only one friend commented and it was positive. I have a few friends that have had breast cancer so I have to be careful how I say it...but I am so with you about all the pink and breast cancer stuff. I simply said "as many people will die from epilepsy this year that will die from breast cancer"

I know you have to be really careful how and what you say. I've had my own scare with breast cancer and lost a friend 4 years ago to it but I've also been to St. Jude Children's Hospital and seen kids who will not make it. Yet childrens cancers don't get that same amount of press either. My main issue is that one disease should not get more attention than any other period. It really is up to us. We have to get louder but lets do it in a nice way. I'll try to be nicer.

so I go to the pharmacy to pick up medication and low and behold I get home and there's a Pink top on my medicine bottle! RRRRRRRRR I screamed...

I was going to ask if he was going to give me a purple lid, but did not get a chance. I did not look at the bottle while at pharmacy. next time!

I'll send you a friend request matchu if you don't mind? My name comes up as Amanda-Louise, but i've never used the Amanda bit except for official purposes. Whats this about medicine bottles though? I've never heard that one before. Mind you, all my medication comes in boxes anyway. It does seem a little "not right" (sorry, couldn't think of a proper word there) that one kind of illness is treated as more important than others.

Last edited:
I accepted your friendship! great to have you on board! Go visit my creative writing page if you can. it is matchu's poetry corner and i just put of a great poem honoring my grandmother.

Back
Top Bottom