Vent

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kris1230

New
Reaction score
Okay so I just need to vent a little. My seizures have been so uncontrolled as some of you may already know I had 15 seizures in one night.(a couple days before thanksgiving) While since then I've still been having them, just not quite as drastic. I'm back to having one grand mal almost everyday. I don't understand I was doing so well and was going to get the okay to go back to work in December. Will my medication isn't working anymore. WHY??????????? My job sent me a letter saying that my 12 weeks of leave are up and no longer are holding my possition. I don't have a job to go back to when I'm better. I loved my job and now I feel like I'm losing everything. This is so hard, I'm not strong enough for epilepsy. I keep telling everyone I'm okay and today I just can't be okay anymore. I'm not okay. I have some friends that are helping me so much and I was out with them yesterday. We went to a movie and I had a seizure and the ambulance came and took me. My friend said that there was this really rude guy that said people like that shouldn't even be let out in public. I love her to dealth but I wish she wouldn't have told me that because it hurts me. I just want my life back, or at least part of it back. I have faith and I'm trying so hard to hold on. Sorry for venting. :(

Krista

Krista,
This is the place to vent, as much as you need to! Have you been back to the cardiologist about the seizures, especially since you have low blood pressure? If your seizures got worse on the meds you can discuss this with your docs, neuro and cardio and ask them to find another option.
Don't let what your friend said about that jerky guy take up to much of your time, just think of yourself, first. What is your cardio doc doing to help you with the low blood pressure, especially if it is making you more likely to have a seizure? You may want to ask the pharmacist if whatever drug you've been taking could make your heart condition worse. If so, then you can contact your docs right away and ask them what they can do about it.
If you are feeling bad and overwhelmed, that's just part of the territory with seizures for many of us at times. Keep hanging tough this is just a moment, not your whole life.

Krista - my heart goes out to you. You are strong. Needing help doesn't mean you are weak. I guess then we all are weak.
Listen to Zoe, and make your doctors figure this crazy episode out.
Find a postitive note each day... you will weather this I have no doubt.
I bet you could start a thread with all the jerky comments people have said to all of you. Rebecca has a few she can add.

(((((((((( Krista ))))))))))))))))

Welcome to CWE and you're more than
welcomed to unleash and vent here. We've
had our ears-full of unruly idiots and morons
who have :bigmouth: that don't know when
to shut up .. and they ought to be duct-
taped permanently and wear a :paperbag:
over their heads and carrying a sign that
says: I HAVE A BIG MOUTH AND I DON'T
KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP!
:agree:

I'm truly sorry you're having to endure all of
this nonsense. Just take it one day at a time.
You should stay in tune with your Cardiologist
and Neurologist - they should be working
together. If you're not happy with one; find one
that you are.

I have a Cardiologist & Neurologist & Primary
Doctor and they all work together as a team
and all very much finely tuned to each other.

Please KEEP US POSTED! We care!

Krista,

First concern is getting the seizures under control. After that, you will find a new and better job.

There is no fixing the stupid in this world. Don't worry about the morons without a :brain:

Thanks everyone for listening and for the advice. I guess you're all right I really don't need to worry about the stupid people in the world. I don't need them to like me, I'm cool the way I am. I'll try and stay focused on getting better and talking with all 4 of my doctors. I have a epileptolgoist, neurologist, electrophysilogist/cardiologist, and my primary doctor. Together we should be able to get this figured out. I'm still having a hard time with the loss of my job, but I'll try to keep foucused that I'll find something when I'm better. I should also make sure I'm talking because I bottle it all up and one day it justs gets too much. I'll remember what Robin said, "Needing help doesn't mean you are weak." Thanks again everyone. I don't have much time because I am also still trying to stay in school and am behind with all my hospital stays and doctor's appointments. I need to work on getting caught up. The school is helping me a lot. The staff is great and I love the dean. She's helped me a lot!!

Krista

Talk about stress. You have a full time job right there with school.
If you can between classes try to find a simi private place and do some Progressive Relaxation

Back
Top Bottom