Vimpat

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Arc2012

New
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone is on Vimpat and experiencing terrible side effects. When I take my dose in the AM I get extremely dizzy for about 45 minutes or so then I have double vision for about the same time then it all slowly fades away. Strange thing is though that I didn't take my morning dose yesterday. I only took my other meds (Dilantin and Lamictal) and I still got a little dizzy. Also, my evening dose really doesn't effect me at all. Is this familiar to anyone else. Did it eventually get better?

I am on Vimpat and it does make me dizzy from time to time. Not pleasant! Especially in the morning but it has improved and I have been on it for a month or so. I also get dizzy right after my seizures and I don't remember that happening before...it's like the vimpat is fighting the seizures or something. I have found that it takes a week or so before the new dose of vimpat kicks in. I remember my epileptologist's nurse said that you don't have to be on a high dose of vimpat to get the benefit of it. But of course everyone is different and please check with your own neurologist! My dizziness never lasts for 45 minutes though...maybe a couple of minutes or 5 minutes.
I found that the dizzy spells that I got on Keppra were alot worse.

Arc2012

Thanks Arc I have asked this quistion, Yes I have the Dizziness, its not as bad as when I started 3 months ago, my balance seems of every once in a while during the day but very little, the headachs went after the first 6 weeks, but the night mares I am having are unreal. I wake up in cold sweets not able to go back to sleep so just sit up in bed and make a cup of tea or get a glass of milk. The things in my night mare are so real and scary.

Thank you Nakamova! These other posts helped me feel better about whether I should continue taking it or not. Thanks again for posting them.

Back
Top Bottom