Vitamin B6

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had experience taking vitamin B6 and having issues with it? After my Christmas day TC I decided to try taking B6 suppliments. The doctor said it would be fine and I'm waiting to get into a neurologist, because I had to get a new one. I read a lot of good things, but it seems to have caused severe acne.... I've been pretty lucky and have never experienced terrible acne before. This is all over my face and neck and is deep and painful :( My 2 year old pointed at my face today and said "ouch, Mummy's face sore". B6 has been the only change in diet and I've read that B6 can cause acne breakouts, just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similiar.

Yes vitamin B6 can both treat and cause acne. If you are deficient it can cause acne and if you get too much it can cause acne.
Usually doses higher than 250mg/day can cause acne but if you get a decent amount from other food sources a lower amount can cause acne.

Stopping the B6 stops the acne.

I've stopped taking the B6 as of today, hopefully that will improve my face.

Actually I remember when I was in high school (remember when we were all young and dumb) my friend had bad acne, she read online that vitamin B suppliments could treat acne.... the advice from forums though was to super dose and take like 10+ tablets a day. It didn't fix her acne, strangely enough, she didn't seem to suffer any ill effects either.

Back
Top Bottom