Vivid dreams

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well my neuro suggested taking the Keppra earlier but keeping Lamictal at night. Or he said it could go the other way too. He seems to think that Keppra more than Lamictal is causing disturbed sleep so we shall see. I did increase both and moved my keppra to XR and from 1000 mg twice a day to 2250 mg all right before bed (the Lamictal was always at night), so we will see what happens.

I guess I should also look at my vitamin b6 intake....

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I will cross my fingers for you... I know that B6 can cause lucid dreams .... so when you take a couple things that can cause them you are sorda up poo creak without a paddle... have you looked at the pharmaceutical web sites for the information about your particular drugs?

I don't know. Maybe the Keppra is giving me insomnia and nightmares after all? I think maybe next time Ill see the neurologist I will discuss it with him. It seems like I did bring it up a year ago and he insisted I had anxiety issues and prescribed a sleeping pill Lunesta. But I only take Lunesta once in a while cause I don't want to get hooked on that . Maybe I should try Keppra XR? Is keppra Xr better than Regular Keppra?

Right now,

I'm taking Vitamin C, Magnesium, Zinc Vitamin D and some B vitamins. I was off of them for a while because I was very sick, and some of them interfered with the antibiotics....

I don't know. Maybe the Keppra is giving me insomnia and nightmares after all? I think maybe next time Ill see the neurologist I will discuss it with him. It seems like I did bring it up a year ago and he insisted I had anxiety issues and prescribed a sleeping pill Lunesta. But I only take Lunesta once in a while cause I don't want to get hooked on that . Maybe I should try Keppra XR? Is keppra Xr better than Regular Keppra?

Well.. it is in the aspect of it releases the dose through the day instead of one shot. So, you will have constant releases of it in your body. I'm not sure how wonderful it would be though if you are having Keppra related nightmares though since it will release some before your bedtime too .... yeah, definitely talk to you neuro... I know that when I took Keppra I also had a lot of trouble sleeping, and same when I was on Neurontin ... it was horrible when I took both at the same time omg lol...

I'm taking Vitamin C, Magnesium, Zinc Vitamin D and some B vitamins. I was off of them for a while because I was very sick, and some of them interfered with the antibiotics....

And that cocktail help with the effects of the meds?

Back
Top Bottom