Walk for Epilepsy in DC

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here plans on attending? I will be there with "team LGS" and plan on filming parts of the event.

Hope to see you there! If you'd like to join our team, go to lgsfoundation. org and click on events to sign up!

Just curious if anyone here plans on attending? I will be there with "team LGS" and plan on filming parts of the event.

Hope to see you there! If you'd like to join our team, go to lgsfoundation. org and click on events to sign up!

I'm participating Locally - and we
have a Team here; only that we are
not just walking, but we are also going
to cycle from the Mall to Hospital
and to another Hospital all on the
major mainline! It will all be fun!

Good Luck in raising and meeting
your goal! We've already broken
the Thermometer and more money
(checks) are coming in the mail
and more sponsors are heading
our way too.

GO! GO! GO!
SURPASS YOUR GOAL
AND EXPLODE IT!

:D

We (my family) won't be making it. A trip to D.C. isn't in the cards for us right now.

We (my family) won't be making it. A trip to D.C. isn't in the cards for us right now.

Bernard - You don't have to go
to D.C. - that's where the MAIN
Walk is at ...

You can be a VIRTUAL WALKER,
and in fact, there's quite a few of
them going around in Texas!

They're all over the place! It will
be all over the United States on
March 29th! It's AMAZING!

:)

I should have looked at this sooner. Seems a bit late to try and organize a team and get sponsors with a little over a week to go.

That event web site does not let me search for an existing, local virtual walk team. There is no way to search by area/city/state.

There will be a 4th grade boy who lives 2 miles from me, will be speaking at the walk. I believe it will be on the 30th when he goes to the capital. I am going to try to meet him before he goes to the walk. I would like to go but i have to work. I will be planning to attend next year. I wish we had a local team in my area. I look in my state's local foundation and they have nothing going on.

You don't have to be present to
be a virtual walker! You can walk
around the block! Or let your fingers
do the walking! LOL!

Or sponsor someone!

But as for my end - My son and I were
going to just do it ourselves and now,
we have a group of people who are
going to join along with us. So it's going
to be all FUN!

Or like NIKE SAYS ..
"JUST DO IT!"

:banana:

Planning for next year

When I read about this year's walk, I set my sights on attending next year. This year was simply not an option. Best wishes to all of the walkers. Everyone else remember that we can help raise funds all year long.

Despite the politicians, DC is a beautiful place to visit in the spring.

:woot:

8edbf029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom