weekend in the ICU

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Janus

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi, I spent Saturday in the hospital Sat night and Sunday day in Intensive care unit. This is the seizure that does not stop. It was continual I am scared to go out alone now. What if it happens again? What if no one is around? Friday I was in Seattle and someone called the ambulance. Lucky there!

Hi Janus --

Did the doctors at the hospital give you any instructions for what to do after they discharged you? Did you get in touch with your neurologist? Can someone stay with you for a while? Can you go stay with someone else?

Nakamova, Thanks for the reply. I am a bit scared now and so spacey that I am forgetting things all around the house. After a sustained seizure how long does one expect to have a head-ache ??? I did make an appointment with the doc. it is on friday. That seems too long. But I take what I can get.

It can definitely take awhile to recover a from a big seizure. In addition to the wear and tear on the back and neck muscles, you may have bumped your head in the process of seizing. It's also possible that you are a bit dehydrated after being in the hospital -- which can also cause headaches -- so you should make sure that you are getting enough to eat and drink. Did they do a spinal tap in the ICU? That could also cause a prolonged headache.

I hope you feel better soon.

Back
Top Bottom