Well, I guess that didnt last long....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
This morning at around 5am, I woke up to some nasty feelings.... lots of numbness in my legs and arms, and hands.... then I had a pulling sensation on my right side of my body. My legs started to jerk and the numbness got really intense. It went from my lower body all the way to my face and the roof of my mouth got completely numb! :(

I thought of all the days, taking the Keppra XR alone for 5 days and then on the morning of the 6th day, this happens! I was so hoping that the Keppra XR was going to hold the seizures!

So, I had to call my mom to let her know what happened. I had the kids to get up for school, and with having a seizure, I couldnt very well drive. So my father came over to pick the kids up for school and take them for me.

I called the pharmacy and had them fill the Lamictal. I printed out a savings card for Lamictal online and my aunt came by to pick it up and get the medication for me. Luckly, I didnt have to pay anything for a month's worth.

So, Im on day 1 of Lamictal!

Wow that sucks. How you feeling now?

I hope you have more luck on the Lamictal than with the Vimpat

I'm feeling ok.... better than what I was feeling this morning. This morning I was up at 5am and never got back to sleep. The feeling of the numbness and weird "seizure symptoms" just didnt allow me to get back to sleep.

I took my first Limictal this morning at around 10am. Guess I will see how things go with this medication......

I'm guessing you're on quite a low dose til you build up then? I think i got to about 400mg before giving up on that one lol :p

Have you tried Lamictal before?

Sorry, Mom. I had high hopes for you, too. Well, there are worse things than 2 meds. :(

I had some strange feelings this morning, too...woke up dazed and confused and thought for sure I'd seizure today, but the only thing that happened today was my R calf started twitching near the knee. Not sure if that was a seizure or not, but...we were having a K4 magnetic storm this morning...

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

I'm guessing you're on quite a low dose til you build up then? I think i got to about 400mg before giving up on that one lol :p

Have you tried Lamictal before?

Im starting out at 25mgs twice a day the first week, 50mgs twice a day the second week, 75mgs twice a day the third week, and my final dose would be 100mgs twice a day from then on out.

The pharmacy gave me a bottle of 25mg tablets (140 total) for the first month.

Ive never been on Lamictal before. This will be my first time trying it.

I had a similar day after not feeling so well at work, decided to go grab something quick for dinner because I didn't feel like cooking. Got to the restaurant and had one of my complex partials at the table. I felt like crap warmed over wanting to just lay on the floor! I had just gone through a med change from 3000mg of keppra a day to 300mg of zonisamide a day. I finally got through my soup and headed home to bed!

Back
Top Bottom