Went to my First Neurologist Appointment Today!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

alice123

New
Reaction score
Hi,

So I have finally got somewhere and gone to a Neurologist appointment.

They told me off for not bringing my video evidence for my nocturnal Episodes that "may" be occurring. I told my mum I need her to watch me sleep, I think thats the best option because my videos are not clear.

They dont really believe me or they have nothing to go on except I'm always tired and have headaches.

But at least they said they would book me an Sleep Deprived EEG and Brain scan.
I'm just scared they will come back negative and with nothing to go on.

I know theres something causing me not getting enough sleep, I just need it sorted so i can get a job and go back to the gym.

Nocturnal seizures can be tricky to diagnose, so they probably want to have as much info as possible before moving forward. But they shouldn't have "told you off" -- it's not your fault! I hope the EEG gets scheduled soon.

Well it feel like being told of, I should have taken in the video because my GP told me to but I couldnt be bothered to go through them all. I hope I can sort it out as quickly as possible because I can't apply for 37 hour jobs and I can hardly work 4 hours a day.

I am just glad they are going on the evidence they do have and I just need to believe in what I know.

Also Dr's keep telling me you cannot be conscious whilst having a seizure in your sleep. I think thats what they said,there just a bit confused. I don't blame them. I am aweful at remembering

alice123

It is good you got to a neurologist, things never go as smoothly as we want at these appointments. The good thing is you went and are getting something done, you should be happy for this little piece.

Sorry Alice what I ment to say was you have gone through so much to even get to this point, do not call it quits. It is not easy to diagnose nocturnal seizures and you have to take everything that comes your way until you get to the end. Be good and be careful.

Back
Top Bottom