Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bubbles

New
Reaction score
Ok so I e been of my meds for a while. About a month and a half to two months. Today I left around four thirty. We ate supper around six or seven. Then we sat and talked in the car for a few hours. By the time I looked at my phone it was near 10:30

When I got out of the car I felt like I was floating. I had trouble remaining upright. I could mostly Walk with my friend helping me. But my feet dragged a little. Going upstairs made me shaky. And it was slow. By the time we got to the top, I was having trouble with coherent thought. I got my keys out while braced against the wall and then I Didn't know what to do with my keys. My arm muscles started trembling. And my legs up to my thighs hurt like I'd beenhorseback for a loong time
Then I Could not move for a few moments. When I did I felt like my feet were five pounds heavier. My arms began to twitch in a writhing kind of fashion that got worse. Then I sat, moving my uncooperative body like a nine month Preggo woman. I unzipped my boots and was talking to my friend.
I sounded drunk. Slurred Speach and incoherent topics that jumped from one thing to another. I made no eye contact, partially he cause my head kept moving.
I twisted up like a pretzel, and if you know anyone with cérébral palsy that's what I looked like. Arms and feet curld, limited function of fingers. Mouth doing some chewing movements and body jerking some while continuing to curl up. I managed to get to bed and undress, and the symptoms began to lesson. My body relaxed. Some. I took backlofin as is the only thing I've been taking at all.

But it's been an hour and a half, and my body just finally calmed down. (This is about as long as baclofin takes to work on mucels) I now have a headache/migraine and I am afraid to walk as this kind of thing makes me EXAUGHSTED. I also have issues with logical though and reason during these episodes. My muscles ache and I am really hungry. I dont usually feel hunger so this is weird.
This has happened in the past and this wasn't as extreme as it sometimes is. I wasn't as weak as I sometimes am. And my body didn't fold up like it can.but there wet lots of writhing movements and I was more verbally affectionate (I talked on the phone after my friend left just in case it got worse) then I usually am. it weirded my sister out. And my ability to spell is affected, so I hope I make sense.
My question is, has any one experienced a seizure like this? Or Ever heard anything like it? Because my doctor isn't any help. I don't know if this happened while I was On medication. I have a lot of memory issues so it's hard for me to know time and place sometimes, but these attacks have been going on for more then a year.
Thanks for reading.

Sounds like it could be a complex partial seizure -- that's where you're conscious but impaired in terms of physical and/or cognitive control. Have you seen an epileptologist about these episodes?

No whats an epileptologist? Is it a kind of nerologist? Half the (ER) doctors I've seen tend to ask me if I'm doing drugs when they see me right after similar episodes. I'm not, but once they make that assumption they are no help at all. Do they show up on eegs?

An epileptologist is a neurologist that specializes in epilepsy. It's great if you can see one because they tend to be more familiar with the variety of ways that seizures can present.

Are they rare, like migraines doctors ( there like 4 or something in the us) or is it easier to find one then that?

Back
Top Bottom