What happens if I forget my meds?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I overslept today and I am at work now and to be honest I don't remember if I took my medication or not. I am pretty sure I did not because I don't remember drinking any water before I left the house. Now what do I do?

I think you are supposed to take them as soon as you remember. But if it is almost time for your next dose, skip that dose. Don't double dose!! ;)

I'd say, since you're at work, and I'm guessing you don't have your meds with you, just skip that dose and take your next scheduled dose... :)

Last edited:
I agree with Bee. :) Last time I read the directions that come with my meds, that's what they said. Take as soon as you remember, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double dose. They should add...Don't panic! :)

In the future you may want to start carrying a pill container with one day's dosage of your medication for times just like these.

ab81dc59.jpg

Pill Planner Boxes are the Best!

I have a Weekly Pill Planner Box.

It's always on my computer desk; no
exceptions! So if I ever have a seizure,
it's one of the first things that my son
or his friends or my neighbors do is check
that planner box to make sure I took my
meds - and if I did, they look at the clock
and see what time it is, and if it is close
for me to take my meds; then it's usually
my son that gives the orders for me to
take it early and sends me to bed and
everyone stays here at my house to
keep an eye on me.

It is very, very rare I have seizures during
the daytime or awake hours: and if they do
happen, it could be that I:
1) overdoing it / excessively tired
2) being sleep deprived
3) didn't take my meds on schedule
or was off-track on my meds
4) was sick
5) seizure just happens

I also have a pill planner box, without it I'd be in trouble.
I also when I know I am not going to be home when it is time to take my meds will take the morning and/or afternoon doses with me in smaller box. I keep some in my purse at all times in case I forget to do that.

The last time I saw a neurologist which was about 3 years ago he told me it was ok to take all 3, 500mg epilim chrono pills at once.

I had still been trying to take them spread over the day but on the odd occasion would forget the morning one so would occasionally double dose and that is what I did just prior to my last seizure 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have experience of epilim chrono and should I be taking all in one hit.

Back
Top Bottom