what jobs can you do

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
A consumer advocacy group told me I should try to work 1 hour a month. Then I wouldn't have to worry about those letters from the government saying I'm ineligible for medical assistance.

I'm willing to do that but what can I do? They suggested babysitting and dogwalking. I wouldn't trust myself alone with a child and I don't have the energy to take more than a short walk. Many times I have to lay down after a 5-10 minute walk though I rarely have to sleep afterwards

It also needs to be somewhat informal as I can really never say until I wake up that day if I'll be able to take a walk and cook, or be too exhausted to brush my teeth. I'm not allowed to use knives or boil water (actually i shouldn't be using the stove at all but I do)

The only thing I've come up with is tutoring. But I'm not quite sure thats a realistic option as whoever I tutor couldn't rely on me to be sensible the day before their test. I could try it and see what happens - provided I could find someone who wants to be tutored

Anyone have any ideas?

Do they need people to stuff letters into envelopes where you live ?....it's something they're always asking for over here in the UK, and will be a real boring job, but something to focus on without harming/tiring yourself out with

A consumer advocacy group told me I should try to work 1 hour a month. Then I wouldn't have to worry about those letters from the government saying I'm ineligible for medical assistance.

I'm willing to do that but what can I do? They suggested babysitting and dogwalking. I wouldn't trust myself alone with a child and I don't have the energy to take more than a short walk. Many times I have to lay down after a 5-10 minute walk though I rarely have to sleep afterwards

It also needs to be somewhat informal as I can really never say until I wake up that day if I'll be able to take a walk and cook, or be too exhausted to brush my teeth. I'm not allowed to use knives or boil water (actually i shouldn't be using the stove at all but I do)

The only thing I've come up with is tutoring. But I'm not quite sure thats a realistic option as whoever I tutor couldn't rely on me to be sensible the day before their test. I could try it and see what happens - provided I could find someone who wants to be tutored

Anyone have any ideas?
Hello, Mark:
Here are 2 ideas: How about being a grocery bagger or Wal-Mart greeter? Now that I think about it, bagging groceries may be too strenuous & I don't know your personal feelings about Wal-Mart. ~Ann

Back
Top Bottom