What side effects do you get from Vimpat?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
The only one I can think of off the list of common side effects is clumsiness sometimes.

I'm up to 150 mg twice a day, and since starting the most recent 50 mg dose increase a week ago the only side effect I've noticed is feeling like I'm on the verge of going into double vision for about 45 min. about an hour after I take the morning dose. After that I'm fine.

I'm on 100 in the morning and 200 at night. I start to get auras around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and put a call into my doc to see about uping the morning dose. I also get a spinning feeling at 4 in the morning, kinda like a super bad hangover, I get it when I'm sleeping and sometimes it lasts even a couple minutes after I wake up. Anyone else experience this>

forward2007

The nightmares at the start were bad, very bad and the headaches although after the second week the headaches got less, I had the thing with the vision as well so now I am on zebinix and I am not sure in a way if my eye sight is damaged still from the vimpat or its the new drug. After upping it the shortness of breath and heart palpitations started.

Back
Top Bottom