What is stasis?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinyfrogs

New
Reaction score
My psychiatrist said something the other day that I didnt think about in time to ask what she meant. What does stasis mean, and is it dangerous? I've looked it up but didnt find anything related to seizures. Thanks for any info.

Hi & thanks for the reply. I dont think thats what she meant. She was talking about how long my seizures last & said "anything after a few minutes is stasis". We wer talking mostly about absence seizures if that makes any difference.

the general rule is, above 5 mins and its emergency.

Do you know who long yours are?

Don't be scared :( .....learn all you can and that will help keep the fear down a little..

any questions please feel free to ask, no matter the question..throw it out to us...one of us will answer - as best we can ;)

(My phone is being a pain, sorry if you get a blank reply too.)
My seizures seem to vary in length. I had a few that were long like 20-30 minutes but that was a while ago. The most recent ones have been 4 minutes or less. I think the trileptal is helping but I didnt realize that until now. I love this place because it makes me think! :)

Sorry this is such a late reply. I asked her and she said she said status not stasis. Thanks everyone for clearing up my confusion :)

Back
Top Bottom