What would you do

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Fedup

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Let me explain, I had a doctors appointment this morning. Thats ok and I spent nearly an hour with him, I am a bit angery about this. I like this doctor, he has been good to me and seems to understand epilepsy, I went to his father as a child who was a brillant doctor. When I went into the office with him and sat down, it was the usual chit chat first, how are you, is it raining ect. Then he asked me why I was there (this made me angery, but I said nothing) was it because of the injuries I had recived ( I have slit the side of my finger, and bitten a piece out of the palm of my hand and somehow managed to hurt my foot), its the fact he did not know why I was there or that I had epilepsy that gets me. I had rang him before this and was talking to him about what was happening to me and that I wanted off at lest on drug I am on, I mean I was supposed to be taken off it anyway. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but this does not inspir confidance in me. It felt like he just could not be bothered. What do you think, am I wrong.

You are not wrong. I always wonder about doctors who do not go over their charts for the patients that they are seeing that day. While I understand that they have a lot on their plates, so do we! I just think that it would make us all feel better if they did that. If they don't have time, then an assistant could go over it, and write a brief note to bring them up to speed. Let's hope he was just having a bad day and got behind.

huskymom

Thank you. I agree with you and I realy do hope its just a bad day because I have to see him next monday again.

No, you are not wrong at all-they have charts they can check plus you said you called him previously. Doctors amaze me. You said you saw him for almost an hour! I am lucky to get 10 minutes in-and I go in tomorrow. Sometimes I feel they're just there to sign off for another prescription. I hope your pains go away & heal soon.

You called him and told him what was happening before, and when you went in he asked why you were there?

:tup: What a winner.

Sorry dear, for me I need a strong doc-patient relationship when it comes to anything, including my seizures, so I would be on the hunt for a new one already.

jackier

Thanks, my hand has healed, well I should say my hand were I took the piece out of it has nearly fully healed, my finger no, and does it sting what amazes me is how deep it is, my foot has kinda.

qtowngirl

I am thinking along your lines even though I like him and get on with him, but thats not much help is it.

Last edited:
Yeah, Liam you should not up with that attitude. I have been stunned at some stuff doctors would say to me . I saw this one doctor for over a year and when I was in the hospital. He never showed up, never even faxed the medical records at the right time. Then I go in his office after the fact and he just starts reading my hospital records while in sitting in front of him! He was so lazy and uncaring I never came back to him. The only doctor I feel really close with, has barely seen me that much and know my entire history and treats me like a real human. Amazing dr.s can be tough to find, but I found one and I hope you find one asap.

Thanks Tony and I feel realy bad, but the time has come to part ways with my doc I think.

I think it is a good idea. Otherwise you find yourself going into that office just wanted to yell at them. Making it almost impossible to have good communication. Plus, without that trust how can you really feel comfortable.

Plus guys... a distant relationship and being pissed at your doctor all the time is stressful, and that's the last thing we need in all this mess is OUR DOCTOR helping bring on seizures!!

That's the truth, we don't need them stressing us & causing our seizures. That's why I left my last dr.-I just couldn't deal with his crap anymore and like you said qtowngirl, 'being pissed at your doctor is stressful." (it sounds like I've had a bunch when really I saw the same doctor for approx 25 years & he quit private practice then I had a "fill in one") But a good doctor relationship is SO hard to find!!! I'm crossing my fingers that the new one I have will work out. Hope you find a good one too Fedup.

I agree you are not wrong. I would consider a different doctor. You don't deserve that treatment.

Back
Top Bottom