What was your first date like?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Mine were always a nightmare...especially since I never told my date that I had epilepsy. One time, my head went through a wooden chess board...another time, I melted to the floor at a disco when the music stopped and the mirrored strobe ball just kept swirling around. (How dumb was I?)

And of course that FIRST kiss was always a BIG moment. To seize or not to seize? That was the question. If I made it through that first kiss, then maybe this romance had a chance!

LOL
My first "actual" date is when I was 11 years old.I had this crush on this boy on my hockey team. I was the only girl, so of course I already had his attention. So his mom picked us up after our hockey practice, then dropped us off to get ready. I remember he actually showed up in a suit and tie (minues the jacket) and I wore a skirt and a black velvet tank top with matching shrug. My mum even managed to fix my curly mess of hair.
We went and saw "The whole 9 yards" and his mum got kinda awkward once the random nudity scene came on. Then as we were leaving to come home, I realized I really had to pee. So I asked her, and she found a McDonalds on the road.

The first "real" date I had, I went to our flooway with Chad and our friends and had a fire (which of course was slightly illegal seeing as it was on Crown land *government land) we normally roasted hot dogs, and marshmellows and drank soda. Everyone else left at about 1am-2am. but me and him stayed until about 4am, lying in the box of his truck with the blankets we all bring, cuddling and looking at the stars while we chit chated. then he took me to breakfast at Perkins (which was 24 hours at the time) So romantic!

My first "real" date: It was in 7th grade, we went to Star Wars (yes I know that makes me ancient) and his parents drove us. While in the car, his mother said "we won't be turning around to look at you" and winked. ** CRINGE ** My date and I were mortified.

He had braces, one of those crucial, memorable details ;)

That so cute! Ionce got my tongue ring accidently stuck to my boyfriends lip ring. We had to ask his dads help with pliers. that sucked.

LOL! that must have been more awkward than mine! how did you get loose?

Man, I never thought that stuff actually happened in real life, just TV *LMAO*!!!!!!

Well quite honestly, we had to get a friend to fumble inside our mouths to untwist the wires and liberate us. (It turned out 2 loops of the braces had merged.)

A pliers would never do. Besides, who wanted to ring the doorbell and ask the hosting parents if they had a pliers?

But I gotta tell you, being joined at the teeth is definitely more "bracing" than being joined at the hip!!!

Last edited:
My first "date" was when I was sixteen. We went to this cheesy resturaunt and he bought me dead roses and blew smoke in my face... Very romantic :p

My first date with my fiance was to this fantastic resturaunt in new orleans. Afterwards we went on a scavenger hunt. My idea of an awesome date :D

Wow, there's some great stories here! I didn't know that could happen with braces, or a lip+tongue piercing, either!

My first date went well. My boyfriend at the time invited me over to his familiy's house and taught me how to make lasagne (at 16 I didn't know how to boil water!). It was very sweet and all went well. We're still in touch seven years on.

Since then, there's been some shockers! Oh, the perils of internet dating!

Inagadanavida

baby!! 1969, went to my first school dance in the seventh grade. Danced without ever looking at my date. I was 12 and he was 13. We did not kiss until a later date when he came over to visit me at my house. We sat in the front yard, and all I remember is he had some facial hair!! I was already on phenabarbitol, after my first nocturnal T/C at age twelve. I do not think I ever told anyone I had a seizure at that time. I remember my Mother saying something like, "don't tell!!" Like I had done something to bring it on myself.

Hmmm! First date??

First *real date* I was sixteen. It was a blind date - he got blind (drunk):rolleyes: and flaked out in the back seat of the car.

End of story:D

Inagadanavida,

My parents wouldn't even say the "E" word...so how was I to tell dates that I had the "cooties?" They would have run for the hills. Which most of them eventually did!

Back
Top Bottom