Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh Clint, I almost drowned in the shower for my first seizire too. But I didn't get any burns. I was lucky enough to "come to" with my head on the bathroom floor and the rest of me in the shower, kinda pruney looking but not burned like you. Oh, you poor baby!

Speaking of drowning - I was in a bath tub for my first tonic-clonic.

I do not remember the seizure starting. My first brief recollections were a neighbor and an EMT lifting me out of the tub. My wife had heard me making strange noises and checked on me. She said I was very blue and thrashing about. She pulled me part way over the side of the tub and went to call 911. The neighbor was a fireman and heard the squad called on his scanner. He and his wife came over right away to help.

I remember a little of being hauled out of the house on a stretcher. My head hurt so bad. I do remember seeing my wife outside. My first strong memory was looking up from the stretcher on the way to the hospital and seeing the EMT.

I was an EMT myself for about a year and new the EMT talking to me. She told me I had a seizure, but I was pretty confused and my head hurt so bad. They think I seized more than once that time.

The next few occurred at night while sleeping so I only remember waking up to EMTs again. Always scary.

First DOCUMENTED seizure : I had had my youngest son 2 weeks ago, and my partner at the time had gone back to work that day, so I was cooking casserole for his tea. I had been feeling 'odd' all day, but put it down to the fact that it was my first day on my own at home with 3 kids. When I went to get the casserole out of the oven, I opened the oven door, got an odd pain in my arm and felt EXTREMELY nauseous, so left the oven door open and tried to get to the sofa to sit down. I never made it. I came to half in and half out of the kitchen, and felt wet down below. Now as I had just given birth, my first thought was am I bleeding? but my partner had just got in and seen it and told me no, don't worry. (I had wet myself). He said I had been fitting for nearly 15 mins and he'd called an ambulance. I was trying to talk and couldn't get the words from my head to my mouth. Even though I was trying to say I didn't want to go to hospital,I ended up there and all I remember is my ex-partner blowing up the rubber gloves to try to get me to smile?!

First 'what I assume now was a' seizure : It was my 9th birthday and I'd had a chinese takeaway as a treat. I felt sick and angry for no reason. I tried to get to the bathroom upstairs and woke up at the bottom of them and my step-mum was telling me off for 'messing about' and I felt REALLY tired.

I had many like this before my first 'documented' seizure, a lot caused by the flourescent lighting at school.

Back
Top Bottom