When you drop a pill

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

From the title of this thread I was expecting quite a different topic :p

I have the same problem with the broken in half 50mg lamictal I take twice a day. I refused to increase from 100 to 150, but as the NHS computer system can't prescribe 25mg of it, I get a month's worth of 50s and split them with a razor.

I don't use a pill box (although they're a great idea- I'm just stupid) so I'm always losing the second half. There must be loads spread about on my bedroom carpet- most likely under my bed lol

Great thread title though- made me smile :)

Lamictal is the worst, I've had it dissolve in my hand at 25mg size before lol so I just started popping them straight in my mouth. I

dropped one as well and didn't realise it then I noticed my dogs breath smelled distinctly of berry and I knew for a fact that he'd swallowed it, needless to say that it was a long night at the emergency vets.

I do have a 7 day pill box but I take so many pills I'd need 6 of them, 3 for my am pills and 3 for my pm pills. If I put too many pills in my mouth at once I gag on them and spit them out, which I have done.

I have dropped one of the biggest pink pills I take before too and spent a good bit of time looking for it.

I normally take my pills in the living room where the carpet is, not the hard floor. My theory is that if it falls it won't roll far because of the carpet. Doesn't always work though.

I wonder how many pills I'd find under my couch too if I moved it?

I used to have a 7 day pillbox, they were really handy except I had to keep the lamictal in the packaging so in case they somehow got exposed to water. Doesn't matter now though because my keppra pills are too big for the box.

Lamictal is the worst, I've had it dissolve in my hand at 25mg size before lol so I just started popping them straight in my mouth. I

dropped one as well and didn't realise it then I noticed my dogs breath smelled distinctly of berry and I knew for a fact that he'd swallowed it, needless to say that it was a long night at the emergency vets.

That's the one that I always seem to drop too, it's the worse! They need to put some sort of beeper on it so it's easier to find!

I hate it when I find a pill on the floor that I'd dropped and didn't know I did. I don't know if it was the pills that I took that day or another day. I'm just glad that I find the pill before my cats do because the same thing would end up happening with me as it did with your dogs.

I hate it when I do that, also for a while I was taking a mix of 50mg and 100mg tablets and I could never remember which one/s I had taken, they should make them a different flavour!

I didn't even know I had dropped the pill so it left me wondering which day I had missed my meds. Luckily after a good clean out from the vets nothing happened to him and he was absolutely fine the next day. I would have never forgiven myself if anything had happened to him from it.

Back
Top Bottom