When was your last seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heather

New
Reaction score
-When was your last seizure?
-What kind of seizure was it?
-Where did you have the seizure?
-How did it make you feel?
-Did you write it down in a 'seizure log'?

My last seizure was this morning.

It was a simple partial.

In bed.

It didn't bother me. It only lasted a few seconds. It was mild. I have simple partials daily, so the short mild ones don't bother me.

I didn't write it down. I don't write down each simple partial. I keep track of approx how many simple partials I have daily. If I have a complex partial and/or tonic clonic or nocturnal, I write it down in a log and try to describe it as best as possible. I haven't had complex partials and/or tonic clonics or nocturnals in approx three years.

My last seizure was yesterday due to reduced meds for the last three days. Reduced Tegretol XR by 200mg when I take 600mg and Keppra 3000mg stayed the same. I have 7 complex partials within three hours which SUCKED! I started having my seizures starting on the bus as we traveled to a local Home Depot for flowers. I traveled with my twin sister and my best friend Rach who also have epilepsy. They made sure I was okay and didn't need to go to the ER.
It made me feel horrible and I got scared while in Home Depot and had to sit down in the window department hehe. I just sat down on a crate thing that holds windows and doors in the isles. I didn't care, i just knew I didnt want a seizure to start while walking around cause I wont stop walking and I have to be forced to stop or stay in a small area.
I write all of my seizures down. I used to only write my "bigger seizures" which are only longer Complex partials. Some of my smaller complex partials are 30sec-40secs while others can be up to 3min CPs. Now I write them all down, even the ones that are 3secs or drop attacks. Anything and everything is good to write down to neurologist/epileptologist. Any information can help. I did realize that I was having more seizures than I actually remembered- so good and bad things about seizure logs. I have one in print and in braille for my personal use.

I have something called "seizure attempts" which are seizures that my medication stops before they are more than 15sec where my eyes stop and go to the right, my nystagmus stops totally and my head goes to the right too- I start to not talk, and I usually don't continue with much. But I write those down since those too are seizures and need to be written down. I was making it better than it really was by not writing everything down when I was supposed to. Oops- I know better now.

Anyways, take care of yourself and be safe.
Crystal and her guide dog Umbro (Barks) :)

Tonic-clonic, May of last year. At home in my bathroom, probably flailing around in the shower stall and on the floor. In the short term I felt foggy and sore (2 trips to the ER, dehydration and shoulder injury), but grateful to friends and family who helped out. I also was peeved at my neurologist's office, because they gave me bad post-seizure advice when I called from the ER. (But I am often peeved at them, for many reasons). I felt fuzzy for several months afterwards due primarily to medication issues -- while transitioning off the AED that had caused the seizure, I had to be on the new AED at the same time. I did eventually write everything down -- reconstruction of the seizure, medication concerns, peeves -- in my "health log".

My last seizure was last night. It happened while I was on the computer.

*When was your last seizure? - Weds

*What kind of seizure was it? - CPS

*Where did you have the seizure? - While I was watching tv on my couch. (No, I'm not Photosensitive.)

*How did it make you feel? - I felt very sick and tired. Then I went to sleep for at least 8 hours.

*Did you write it down in a 'seizure log'? - No/yes, I don't use a seizure log, just a calendar.

My last seizure was a couple of days I don't remember what kind was talking on the phone and hung up on the person.
I do use a seizure log for my seizures, I write i down in my seizure log.I didn't know I'd had the seizure till my friend called me back and told me.
sometime I'm disoriented sometimes I jut want to sleep.

Belinda

Last edited:
I need to get WAY better at recording them... just so gosh darned tiresome sometimes

-When was your last seizure? Last Monday during my sleep.

-What kind of seizure was it? TC, but not too bad. Not too much blood all over the pillows... but my tongue hurt for a week.

-Where did you have the seizure? In bed.

-How did it make you feel? Pretty crappy... I was already suffering from insomnia which probably triggered it.

-Did you write it down in a 'seizure log'? Nope, but I really should.

Last seizure was January of this year, tonic clonic. Neuro gave up on neurontin and moved me to keppra because of this seizure. Was washing hand prints off the wall on the stairs and talking with my wife, ended up at the bottom of the stairs with my wife and 4 kids over me. It was the first seizure my kids had seen and it scared them.

-When was your last seizure? April 4 2009

-What kind of seizure was it? Simple Partial

-Where did you have the seizure?Talking to a friend at a gymnastics meet

-How did it make you feel? Not too bad small headache afterwards, but I had to suck it up and work the meet.

-Did you write it down in a 'seizure log'? Just on a calender, but I keep track of my cycle and medication changes on that same calender.

Rebecca's seizure was March 12,2009

It was at 9:45 am and was a tonic clinic

In her science class.

I write everything down including what she has eaten the few days prior to the event

Robin, I need you to come visit me and get my diet straight and keep my journal... hee hee

My last major seizure was March 8th, 1 month
ago. Tonic Clonic in my sleep - loosing an entire
tooth plus part of the root along with it, shattering
half of another tooth, cracking and chipping others.

Then the emergency titration off of Lamictal,
and getting back to original meds immediately,
resulted "E-Zone" for a time being which I'd rather
forget about this entirely!

My last seizures was this morning. I kept on having break through seizures. I felt completely drained of my energy. I finally started getting my energy back just now. I still feel a little drained. I hope everyone can have a seizure-free sleep tonight. I know I can use some. I hope everyone has a good week.

Hawke, do they need to adjust that VNS again? I know you started feeling much better after that was put into place. Hopefully this is the answer.

When was your last seizure? April 9 (the day before I was to see the Dr. for my yearly prescription refill check. I guess it was to make sure I remembered what we were talking about and got the description right!)

What kind? Partial complex, a bit more involved than usual though

Where? Right in the middle of the Wal-Mart parking lot.

How did you feel? Well, I got to the car but was not in time to get in. Just leaned against it, wet my pants, and after it ended about 5 minutes or so later and I sat for about 20 minutes to get that confusion over and back to being able to actually speak again, my daughter, who has seen it all before and isn't fazed by it anymore, insisted we go to Burger King for a soda.

Did you write it down in a log? No, I haven't started a log. Hadn't even thought about it. Reading this, I see you all think it is a good idea. What do you write in it? What do you do with the information?

Last edited:
Robin, I need you to come visit me and get my diet straight and keep my journal... hee hee

hee hee... I think NOT
One is more than I can handle at the moment.
Try no refined carbs for three months
whole grains, protein, veggies, and (limited) fruits
water

try it, what do you have to loose.
blend your veggies if you need to and add some apple or pear for sweetness

free event calendar:
http://www.lamictal.com/epilepsy/patients/resources_and_tools/seizure_tracking_calendar.html

You are welcome, I am glad that it might be helpful. I have used this for 2.5 yrs and I print out about 6 at a time. The most recent ones don't have many marks on them. So we are doing something right.

-When was your last seizure? Last night
-What kind of seizure was it? Complex Partial
-Where did you have the seizure? In Bed
-How did it make you feel? a little confused
-Did you write it down in a 'seizure log'? I keep a seizure log for the number and types of seizures I have daily, required for my surgery procedure

Back
Top Bottom