Wheres the worst place you have had a seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crash

CWE Supporter/E Hater 2
Supporter
Reaction score
Mine easy,about ten years ago a mate hung himself.So day of the funeral i new i wasnt feeling quite right,but wanted to go.But as usual epilepsy kicked me right in the nuts with a nice tonic in front of two hundred plus,god i aint even imune in the house of the holy,god i hate you(something i cant type here)epilepsy

At the parade celebrating the 2004 Red Sox World Series championship.

I feel bad for the friends I was with at the time -- because I was carrying their toddler on my shoulders when I seized (he wasn't hurt), and because they missed the parade to come with me to the ER.

On a main road between a popular grocery store/restaurant and a school. Crossed center and (don't know how my car did this) drove in the oncoming lane, even around a slight corner! for a considerable length of time then into the ditch on the other side.
This is what I was told anyway, by the guy who was behind me and pulled over and held me up a bit in my seat so I didn't slouch over and bite my tongue. Poor guy had never seen one before and it seemed to be pretty hard on him. Personally I couldn't thank him enough.

(((HUGS))) neil, a funeral? Jesus that's awful. Sorry to hear about your friend too buddy : (

on a bicycle in a peloton during a race put my bottom teeth through my top lip. and totaled my favorite bike, took a minute in the van to realize my mouth was closed and i was still breathing though my lips. that was a enough to get me to consider retiring. while swimming a better friend pulled me out. preformed cpr. havent swam hard since.
and on a city bus, had a city bus, had a seizure that threw me out while still post-tical on the side of the road alone to wait for an ambulance in a strange part of town so they wouldnt be late.

Get this epilepsy walk here at the phx zoo got really messed up or cruisin real fast on my bike in one of busiest intersections here woke to people honkin to get out of ther way both happened when I was 22 take the first one can laugh about it now cause the wounds healed the other permanent knee damage.ugh

on a bicycle in a peloton during a race put my bottom teeth through my top lip. and totaled my favorite bike, took a minute in the van to realize my mouth was closed and i was still breathing though my lips. that was a enough to get me to consider retiring. while swimming a better friend pulled me out. preformed cpr. havent swam hard since.
and on a city bus, had a city bus, had a seizure that threw me out while still post-tical on the side of the road alone to wait for an ambulance in a strange part of town so they wouldnt be late.
OMG COurt. I'm trying to picture that, with the lip. Smiling in sympathy.

And the bus?!?! OMFFFFFFG!! Could you or your family have sued? What if you went status or worse, died? Just so they would be on time? That's astounding.

I had one at work. I was ringing up a customer and I got an aura. I kind of panicked, a co-worker took over my register and I think another customer helped me over to the little lounge/ cafe place that Target has. I went into one. One of my managers came and they "watched me" I was in a chair at the time. I almost fell out and the customer /onlooker behind me caught me and righted me (then yelled at the manager for having his back to me)

Then the manager carried me to the back (either so he didn't get anger customers yelling at him or so I wasn't in a crowd. I was thankful at the time)

So... yeah. Embaressing.

Also in the food market, canned section. X_X

Mine easy,about ten years ago a mate hung himself.So day of the funeral i new i wasnt feeling quite right,but wanted to go.But as usual epilepsy kicked me right in the nuts with a nice tonic in front of two hundred plus,god i aint even imune in the house of the holy,god i hate you(something i cant type here)epilepsy
Hi Neil,
Sorry to hear about your friend & the seizure you had.
The death of any of our closest friends & loved ones would be stressful for anyone but I think it is even harder if stress is a trigger to a seizure.

I had a complex partial seizure the day after my Grandfathers funeral at my cousins place. It was early in the morning & only my Mum saw the seizure as we were the only 2 who were up.

I've had seizures in a few different places - walking down the street, in the shopping centre, on a train (my Uncle was with me) at work or just at home. But my seizures are usually auras or complex partials so I think most of the time someone who is unfamiliar with partial seizures wouldn't be aware I was having a seizure if they saw me.

About 4 years ago I did have a bad seizure down the street when I was walking to my voluntary work but I don't know much about the seizure as I lost 3 hours of the day. The last thing I had remembered was leaving home to do my voluntary work about 9am then waking up in hospital just after 12pm. The staff at the hospital told me that someone saw me wandering around in the streets about 10am, realised something was wrong & when they saw my medic alert bracelet they rang the ambulance. I don't usually don't go near the street I was found in so I don't know why I was there nor do I know what happened between 9am (when I left home) - 10am (when I was found) that day.

Last edited:
The worst place was at a wake last week after burying my uncle that morning. Most of my family that were there didn't know about my epilepsy, it was a complex partial I think. The runner up has got to be when I had a full on tonic clonic in a rock club in town a few years ago.

Maybe once when I was driving, but I will never know for sure. Other than that, in the parking lot of a restaurant when I was with a couple of friends.

wow - mine isn't nearly as bad
a recent one I had at a movie theater
I was feeling odd in the theater and then I had to leave the theater to go to the bathroom and my friend stayed in the theater
next thing I knew my friend was with me in the exit atrium area with paramedics
at least it was a private area - but I hit my head pretty hard and gouged my thumb knuckle somehow - I think I eroded it raw on the carpet after I was down

Had a grand mal while I was at a CFL game during halftime. I told a security guard that I was going to have a seizure, amazingly he knew what to do. He actually saved me from falling down the concrete stairs. When I woke up, hundreds of people were standing up looking at me. EMS was called but I wasn't taken to the hospital, I actually wanted to stay to watch the rest of the game but they advised me that I should go home. Our team ended up winning though!

When I was 11, in the 7 eleven. My Mum told me afterwards that I should send the girl who worked there and helped me out a thank you card. I was too embarrassed and wouldn't do it. I always wish now that I had of and if I knew who she was I would even try to trace her down and thank her now. In retrospect, the only embarrassing thing is that I didn't say thank you.

When I Was at work because there were like 10 people watching and OH BOY it fucking HURT LIKE HELL afterwords I fell on concrete in the back and the blood on my body wasn't the worse part, my mouth was destroyed, well my teeth were fine but my gums were fucked up and hurt for DAYS.
Oh and you know it was fun whenever I ate or drank(even water).

Mine was on public transit - a partial seizure I guess. I was not yet diagnosed and hadn't even seen a neurologist yet. The driver was finished his shift and booted everyone off. Seizure was pretty well over but not quite. I was right by the door and somehow able to use my still functioning side to get myself off the bus. Now day time ones are controlled and ones remaining are nocturnal. For this I consider myself lucky compared to the rest of you!

At work standing in the middle of a call center floor. It was a tonic-clonic and I had never had one before, in fact I did not know I had Epilepsy. I was very confused and the part where the medic asked my if I could stand up was awesome, because I thought I could.

OMG COurt. I'm trying to picture that, with the lip. Smiling in sympathy.

And the bus?!?! OMFFFFFFG!! Could you or your family have sued? What if you went status or worse, died? Just so they would be on time? That's astounding.

there is a pic floating around here somewhere with the hole in my face after i bit myself.

I think the worst for me was on a public street. This was just this past September. I'm still new to this diagnosis, so I haven't done any of my own research until this past week or so. I felt like I might be getting a seizure - this like fuzzy/tingly feeling in my head. So I thought fresh air would be a great idea. I went for a walk to "clear my head". But this one was really weird because I fell, but somehow I was able to get up. When I get these seizures, my hands shake, I can't talk, and I fall.

My memory is really bad but I remember these three young girls in front of me looking at me after I fell and the look on their faces, it was like disgust. So I used the street sign post to get up because no one helped me, and wobbled back to my office. I got in the elevator, and got to my office but couldn't open the door because my hands were shaking so much. As it turned out, a young man had followed me back to my office to tell my coworkers that something was wrong. My supervisor came out of the bathroom as I was trying to unlock my office and she knew what was happening. She opened my door and called 911. It turned out in that when I fall I broke my thumb and injured my shoulder (which is now a frozen shoulder). No more "head clearing" for me...

Back
Top Bottom