Wish Me Luck

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Wish me Luck, I go in for my hysterecomy tommorrow and getting more and more nervous as the hours go by.
I can't take my morning meds and I have started having slight partials in the last 2 hours. So that has me worried.
I wasn't so nervous when I had my brain surgery as I am about this hysterectomy.
They called to confirm and told me that my doctor is gonna be an hour late so my surgery is scheduled for an hour later, and I don't have to be til an hour and a half later, I admit I smoke, I've tried to quit more than once haven't managed that yet, I don't quite understand why they consider smoking as taking in fluids that is where it is listed under what I can't have after midnight.
And due to all the meds I have to take at bedtime and other I can wake up in the middle of night feeling like I have a mouth full of cotton. Gonna be tough for me.
I will let all know how it went as soon as I can get back on the computer.
Tammy

fa3fe48a.gif

Here's hopin' it's over quickly!...

...so you can look forward without a sense of foreboding but with a sense that good times are comin'!
:paperbag:

Peace and Good Luck
:rock:

Wishing you the best, Tammy ..... I'll be praying for you and can't wait to hear from you.

Wishing you the best. :rose:

PLEASE quit smoking and do everything you can to keep your body in good shape. My mother died from a seizure (diagnosed as a heart attack, but was probably both). She had a hystorectomy (spelling) after I was born. She still had seizures every 2 years like clockwork. She also smoked like a chimney, and did not have the best diet. Coffee was on her main list and she loved "almond fluff" cookies. Stress was a big part of this, so I also ask that you do yoga or medidation, or something to calm down. The story...

My mother was in her senior year at the University of St. Thomas and finals were the next week. She and I had agreed to get together after finals (I had them too) and have some real fun. She called me at work (I waited tables) at 3:00PM on Mother's Day, telling me she was up all night studying. I wished her happy Mother's Day and asked what was wrong. She had promised my grandmother she would clean her house as a Mother's Day gift. I told her she'd better get over there. My mother came back with, "Stacy, I've got a headache, and I don't feel well." I told her that was a bunch of crap and it wasn't going to work with me. If she didn't want to go just say, "Stacy, I don't want to go." She replied, "Stacy, I don't want to go." I told her she'd better at least call "Mamaw" and let her know. Mamaw was a military nurse and VERY clean and punctual... you can imagine. I told her I had to go and I loved her, but she'd better call Mamaw. She said she would, and I went back to work. (I think she called and I think Mamaw made her feel very guilty.)

The next day her boss called me saying she had called in and said she was having a seizure. I told her boss... Oh don't worry about it. She'll be out for the day and back tomorrow. She'll be fine. I called her house several times, but got no answer. I called the front office of the appartments and asked if they would go check on her. They declined and said it was against the rules. It would have taken me a full hour to get out there and I wasn't completely worried. I just figured she was sacked out in bed (as usual) and couldn't hear the phone. After lunch at 3:00PM, my boss told me to check on her. I drove out there and went to the office, as I didn't have a key. The lady fought with me about getting in, but finally succombed. I was pretty frantic by this point and angry that the manager was taking her time. She even stopped to talk to the neighbor and her dog. I said, "WILL YOU COME ON?!" She thought I was the biggest bitch on the planet, but when we got there, I found my mother dead on the floor, face down (for the last 8 hours). The mgr. was frantic and I yelled at her to call 911. She said, "WHAT?!" I yelled again. "CALL 911!". Which she did. The end.

Please be careful... everyone.

For Stacy

b08bfa41.gif

That must have been such a nightmare for you. It made me cry and all I can think of now is my own mother's death. Although she died in her sleep, she had undiagnosed colon cancer. My sister "hadn't gotten around" to having her symptoms checked out. I am 2500 miles away and didn't even know anything was wrong because they were in denial/hiding it/just didn't want to bother with me.

Senseless :crying:

Hi Stace, I saw your reply to this thread. 'Compassion and Strength' Your Mom and I seem like twins, nicotine, caffeine, cancer, and (I had cancer, it may be remissed for a few months) BUT REALITY IS JUST THAT. I have both issues and cancer is what I would take over "E". You are the pillar of strength, let's focus on demographics. TTFN

hugs.gif

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Wishing you all the best and
much thoughts and prayers
abides!

Hi All,
Thank you all for your best wishes and prayers.

I got to come home Saturday, It took me until today to feel up to getting online.
I am feeling better as each day goes by, having some problems, working my best on getting those better.
I did end up having to have my left ovary removed it collapsed and was full of cysts, so I still have 1 ovary and tubes. I've not been doing to good emotionally right now, I know I will feel better ASAP.

Stacey,
Your story also brought the tears to my eyes, I am so sorry about your mother's passing.

Thank you for your inspiration, I have tried more than once to quit smoking and I'm not giving up, that and getting my body in better shape along with learning how to handle stress, anger and mucn more of my emotional and pyhyscial problems better, I know if I don't then I am heading for trouble, I have every single risk there is for a heart attack and have went into status epileptis twice over several years. I see a counselor every week who is really helping me deal with all of this along with this website and others inspiration and support and more.

My mother had a heart attack at the age of 48 and survived, She did nothing to better her health after, she was an aclacholic, smoked and had a bad family history of heart disease, then a year and a half later she had a second one that took her life away.

now since 200o my dad has had 2 heart attacks and he really has done everything he needs to be doing to prevent a 3rd one and he started right after the first one.

Your encougement and inspiration along with others keeps pushing me harder to better my lifestyle to better my health. Tammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

I haven't been able to be online much, within a week after my surgery I ended up with a severe urinary track infection. and it wasn't even a week after I finished the antibiotic for that that I started getting sick with the flu I had a headache that I could not get rid of for 4 days straight and alot of coughing and went through 2 big boxes of tissues in 4 days.
I ended up out to see my reg doc yesterday and I have brochitis and now on another antibiotic. I have only been online once since Sunday and that was only for about 10 minutes, today yey, I finally woke up without out my head splitting. Sure hope it stays that way.

I saw my gyn/surg. Thursday and still have alot of healing to do, as because of all he had to do. It was my right ovary and tube that was removed, the only female organ left is my left tube and ovary. The tests they did on the organs removed all came back normal.

Question, I think but am not absolutly positive, doesn't seizure meds cause your immune system to be lower than normal, because ever since I have been on Carbamzipine (SP.) I get sick so easy, before that I would'nt even catch a cold very often at all, so other than problems with strep throat, I was very rarely sick. And now it seems like I catch everything that goes around and get it really bad.

Last edited:
Most AEDs deplete the body of some vitamins and minerals. It's possible that this could weaken the immune system (or lead to elevated levels of homocysteine).

Are you taking any vitamin/mineral supplements?

Stringbean,

(((((((((Hugs))))))))))

my neuro tells me that everyone on aeds should be taking multivitamin's.... since ive been off the keppra Ive been able to stop the septra for utis.... they have me on Carbamzipine..
you might ask your doctor about taking probiotics... they help raise your immune system...

I hope you start feeling better soon!

love,
angel

Last edited:
antibiotics can weaken the immune system too. Kills the good bugs along with the bad.
Some research should help you with informations as to how to boost your immune system. Probiotics are a good start, as is biotin.

The surgery itself weakens the body. Please be kind to yourself and TAKE IT EASY.

b3f74bd9.gif

Thank you all for your advice and answers

I don't take any vitimans and one reason is I am not sure what is ok for me to take, I bought a bottle Women's one daily vitamn which has different vitimans in it including calcium, iron and Zinc. I've seen my neuro twice since I bought these and keep forgeting to ask him if it is ok to take them.

Is there any kind of vitiman in these multi vitimans that we should not be taking?

I really would like to take vitimans, not only because of getting so sick so often but to hopefully build up my energy level and more.

Thanks
Tammy

Back
Top Bottom