Wish Me Luck Guys!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Elaine H

New
Reaction score
I just wanted to ask you all if you would keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow, Thursday 18th Sept at 10.15am, I have a job interview at a local school, to work as a Teaching Assistant, helping children with learning difficulties. It would be the chance of a whole new career, and I am looking forward to the interview.

I am going to be completely frank and upfront with them about the epilepsy, so if they don't want me because of that, then I wouldn't want to work for them anyway. It will be great to know that you are rooting for me, and I will of course let you know how it goes. I just hope I can get through the interview without having a wobbler, stripping off, or anything else like that! :bigsmile:

Keep You Posted Guys & Thanks!!

Love

Elaine x

Hey Elaine,

I've got an Interview tomorrow at 10:00 with Bristol Audi, as a Purchase Ledger Clerk.

So, I hope you put yourself across really well, as I'm sure you'll do, and they contact you by the end of week congratulating you on your success.

Best of Luck. ;)

Oh, and I'm sure you are, but just make sure you're prepared for those dreaded "What are your Strengths/Weaknesses, and Where do you see yourself in 5 years time" questions.

PS. you really do have no need to mention the Epilepsy if you wish not to - it's against the law if they question you about it. I'll leave that part to your wishes

Wooohooo!!!!

I wish the best for BOTH of you!!!

Good luck to you with the Teaching Assistant interview, Elaine......I'm sure you'll do well, and I think you'll have a ball doing it, too.

And TeeTees, you're so VERY qualified for this job....good luck to you, too!

Positive thoughts, and prayers will be coming your way!

Meetz
:rock:

Hey Elaine~

I hope you the best luck on your job interview. Goodluck! Keep us posted. Take care;)

GOOD LUCK ELAINE & TEETEES!! :) We'll be thinking about you both tomorrow.
Sincerely,
JosieB

Good luck to you both for your interviews!! Will be thinking of you. x

Hi Elaine and Tees,

Best of luck to both of you with your job interviews!! I will be keeping my fingers crossed. Good Luck!!!!

Michelle : ))

Hi TeeTees

Good luck to you too mate! Audi eh? What lovely cars! If I was going to be working with kids, I would have to make them aware of my epilepsy, all I really have to do is make them aware that it doesn't always involve lying on the floor, foaming at the mouth with my legs in the air!!! Of course, as we all know, unfortunately, that's what most people imagine I would be doing every 5 minutes! They also run health checks on their staff, I'm telling them anyway, I never mention it until I get in and sit down in front of people, then they can see a smart, well dressed, well groomed, intelligent woman, they asked me on the application form. Do you consider yourself to have a disability? Well the answer to that is NO I DON'T! Society might, but I don't.

Anyway, all the best mate, let us all know how you get on? I'll drop you all an e.mail tomorrow. Best of luck and knock 'em dead!!

Cheers

Elaine x

Great attitude, Elaine!! Good luck tomorrow. If they refuse to hire you, what a huge loss to them!! :(
And good luck to you, TeeTees!

Please let us all know how it goes.

Cindy

Finally good news!

Elaine and Tee Tees
It's about time You are both desrving of these positions. I hope all goes well tommorrow!
David

Good luck Elaine and Tee Tees
images

I'm wishing you two the very best. I can't wait to hear the GOOD results!

I AM SO PLEASED TO BE ABLE TO TELL YOU ALL.................................................................................................................

THE INTERVIEW WENT REALLY WELL, THEY WERE "VERY IMPRESSED WITH LITTLE OLE' ME" AND I START MONDAY!!! I AM STILL CRYING, THEY ONLY JUST RANG ME TO OFFER ME THE JOB!!!!

I just want to thank you all for you invaluable support!! Although it is a mainstream Secondary School, they do seem to be very keen to look after their pupils with any disabilities or learning difficuties, so I sort of played a bit on the epilepsy and the negativity I had encountered over the years, and how determined I was to continue to raise awareness, and "do my bit for the cause" Initially, I will be looking after a 14 year old girl with a cochlea implant, so she too has surgery for her problems, I will be in on all her classes, I will in effect be "her ears" and I cannot wait!! Do you know, we didn't even discuss salary, but I can honestly say, that it doesn't matter, I have literally "existed" on handouts for the last few years, and I just want and I think I will get, fresh challenges, new beginnings, new reasons for getting up in the morning!!! I literally cannot wait!! Thanks again folks for your support, I hope TT got on aswell, do you know what really made my day, when they rang to offer me the job about 20 minutes ago!!!! I am still crying, and we have opened a bottle of wine already!!

Lotsalove

Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats!!

Elaine,

Wonderful news!! :clap: You will do great at this job.

Cindy

Oh Elaine!! I am thrilled for you!!!! I said a prayer it would work out if it was meant to be. That is wonderful news!!! I am sure you'll be great and such a fresh , new start is so exciting. Now you better not forget about all your chums here, now that you're a busy lady!!! : )) We'll have to keep wishing great thoughts for Tees as well!!!! Let us know how your first day goes.

Michelle

Elaine, My Friend:

I'm SOOOO happy for you!!! :woot:

I know this is what you wanted so badly and now you've got it. You must be on top of the world! You have brought happy tears to my eyes.

Congratulations!! :D Your new place of employment should feel lucky to have you.

I'm so thrilled for you and hope to hear from you soon!
Sincerely,
Josie

Last edited:
Wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO ELAINE!!!!!

I am soooo happy for you! That is just soooo cool!!!

This is the perfect thing for you. YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::bigmouth::agree:

Back
Top Bottom