Woke up...can't sleep

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MrE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I could say that I have insomnia but just recently (a few hours ago) I woke up to use the restroom and feed the kitty and layed back down and NOTHING...I mean I literally just layed feeling anxious and energized...it's like my body wants to sleep but my mind does not...or maybe it's something else I am not really sure...I do notice however that my heart is pounding...not beating fast...just hard...or it just seems that way to me...like some tiki god is playing giant bongos inside me...I'm always super horny and hungry...like a ravenous serpent is tunneling it's way through my chakras...I mean I am a "serpent" so I guess I could say it's my subconscious mind boldy going where it wants...my higher self exploring strange new worlds...but anyway...my main point being is that there really is no point to what I am experiencing...or so it seems that way :ponder:

Oddly this time my wife was up as well...we both went to sleep around the same time and woke up around the same time...I wasn't really surprised as odd things come "normal" to me...but anyway we both felt "compelled" to go down to the store and grab some donuts...so we did...I know I know shame on me for eating such junky goodness lol but I didn't care...I just wanted to enjoy some yummy donuts with my amazing wife...I know we are connected on a deeper level...but sometimes we forget about what truly matters in life...the little things :)

Last edited:
mmm......donuts. Hope you feel better today and get a good night's sleep.

The little things are the best. Sometimes on all these meds I forget what it is like to need less sleep. The sleep schedules get so strange and then there are nap times on top of that...
I'm not a morning food kind of person.
The sugar glider was barking all night. I need to ware him out before bed tonight so he doesn't make a fuss.

have been in bed all day, finally got out of bed, went and got up and went to a local fast food place and got a burger, as I was sitting there wanting to complain to myself about the weather, a runner runs past in shorts and a t-shirts. So I get over. Plus I just found out the fast food place was just getting ready for a 12 hour run. Quickly reminding me that things could always be worse.

But then I get home and I have a seizure in the hallway with my key in the door of my own apartment. And when I wake up, One of the creepy neighbors is trying get his key into a that isn't his, or is empty at the moment. I just wanted to go in my own place. considering he lives on a different floor, his face wasnt the a face I wanted to wake up to.

mmm......donuts. Hope you feel better today and get a good night's sleep.

Strangely the donuts didn't give me acid like I expected they would...no I ate them and about an hour later went back to sleep just fine...I had two small donuts...a glazed blueberry cake one and a chocolate cake one with frosting and rainbow sprinkles...my wife had some donut holes and strawberry cream cheese croissant...she accidentally nuked the donut holes in the microwave...she just wanted them warmed up a little but she ended up regretting getting them anyway...she enjoyed the strawberry cream cheese croissant though...I want another one of those blueberry donuts...freakin delicious (NO I CAN'T START THIS BAD HABIT! MUST...SWITCH...THOUGHTS!!!) okay sorry for yelling...

The sugar glider was barking all night. I need to ware him out before bed tonight so he doesn't make a fuss.

ummm what???

have been in bed all day, finally got out of bed, went and got up and went to a local fast food place and got a burger, as I was sitting there wanting to complain to myself about the weather, a runner runs past in shorts and a t-shirts. So I get over. Plus I just found out the fast food place was just getting ready for a 12 hour run. Quickly reminding me that things could always be worse.

But then I get home and I have a seizure in the hallway with my key in the door of my own apartment. And when I wake up, One of the creepy neighbors is trying get his key into a that isn't his, or is empty at the moment. I just wanted to go in my own place. considering he lives on a different floor, his face wasnt the a face I wanted to wake up to.

Well I'm glad you are okay C0urt...well you know what I mean...try to remember that life itself is "creepy" (*sings* WELCOME...TO...THE...CREEPY...ZONE! *guitar strum*)...not just your neighbors :)

Last edited:
not familiar with sugar gliders?
they are flying rodents

Nope I was not familiar with them and for good reason...

they'd fly right into my cat's mouth...she'd have a fun snack :bigmouth:

I showed her a picture of them...she said they look yummy :hungry:

I told her to knock it off...they are cute little turds though :D

Last edited:
I was really surprised with my cats' response to him. They look at him, but want no more to do with him. Apparently since they aren't rodents, cats aren't interested in them. I don't know how much I believe that. Either way, he has been accepted by the feline companions in this household.

Well that's good...

but yeah anyway I've been sleeping better these past few days despite the time I've been going to bed...which is around the time the sun comes up...I guess it just depends

When I worked afternoons I would go to sleep around 4 or 5 AM. I like that schedule a lot more. Now I'm working at 6 am, sooooo.. .yea. Can I have my afternoon shift back please?

Lol yeah usually a doctor's appt. will disrupt my sleep schedule...usually...assuming I don't turn into a MIGHTY MORPHIN MANIC RANGER :eek:

Back
Top Bottom