woohoo!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rhea

New
Reaction score
Saw my neuro Friday and got permission to DRIVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! (With conditions, of course) Also, a few med changes that seem to be working well. Added lexipro and (shoot- forgot the name of the other) I'm at my mom's and don't have the bottle with me. It's one for neuropathy that also works on seizures. I'll be responsible, and she (my Dr.) knows that. There are places I can take a nap if I need to before I come home. I'll try it and see what happens. We went to the Outer Banks today and I drove a little while. It was so great! But, scary too. Also, dropped a couple meds that seem to make me too sleepy to function.

Last edited by a moderator:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap : :clap:

You do have great news! It can be tough around here in these West Virginia hills to find any other transportation but driving. I know, I live here, too. I don't have any idea how I'd manage if I couldn't drive, especially since this town has no public transportation at all and my job is really driving-based and covers a four county area. But finally you moved to another level of challenge and real freedom. You can get out and enjoy the fall leaves in these hills and hollars with the all the independence you now have. Even going to Walmart is now more of an adventure. This is really cool news for you. Good going, girl!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wooohooo!!!!

That's GREAT, Rhea!!!! Would that med that works on both neuropathy and seizures be Neurontin?

Be sure to ease back into the driving thing.

I'm soooooo HAPPY for you!!!!

Hooray! Road trip! One road at a time...

Just remembered it's Lyrica... they make me sleepy, but I should adjust. Hey, Chatter-box, not being able to go to walmart was a bust. It's 30 miles to the nearest one, and sometimes my daughter just wanted to go. she misses that. Just going to town with mom. Getting away. We would have lunch at olive garden about every week (salad, soup breadstick for 6 or 7$) Now, we can do that again. I always know when I'm going to have a cluster of seizures, so I know not to do anything when I feel that.
Thank you all for being happy for me. You are more enthused than my family. It's been difficult sometimes trying to find a ride. I'm sure they feel relief.

Congrats Rhea! A great achievement! We're all really happy for you.

btw I love Olive Garden too... I can't get enough of that salad. Except the one in my part of town caught on fire and is closed down. !!

Thank you all for being happy for me. It means a lot. My family is not nearly so enthused.... for some reason. But, at least it means now I can get at least a part-time job. I know I can't handle a full day, but maybe a half a few times a week would work. Still don't know what type of job that I wouldn't have to show up on my "bad" days. Have gotten back into making the skin care and going to make another attempt at that. At least with that I don't have to work when I can't. Getting my product line in another shop this weekend for grand opening of a new shop. I'm pushing myself too hard and not taking care of myself... but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....

Rhea, the part-time job I do would be just the kind of job you'd like. It is very flexible as far as hours and days to do them and there are many, many openings especially if you know someone. I'll send you some information in the private message page. See what you think.

Rhea...what kind of products do you make? (I'm always looking at skincare stuff....I'm allergic to lots of perfumes....)

btw I love Olive Garden too... I can't get enough of that salad. Except the one in my part of town caught on fire and is closed down. !!

Yes that was horrible! but i guess there is always the one right across from polo park mall. MMM Zuppa Toscana!

Congratulations Rhea!!! Ppl that have always driven don't know what they've got. I wish someone here could make me drive to Kroger to get ____.

I have always driven, but I do know that it is a privilege. Especially since my daughter can't get her permit to drive. Many of us know someone dealing with the prospect of not driving, so we know how lucky we are.

Rhea - Congratulations... now you get to buy gas.

Robin, buying gas? Your reminder just took all the fun out of it! How much is it in your area? It is $2.55 here, I just had to fill up last night. Why in the world didn't I buy a Smart Car?

well, I went all the way to wal-mart yesterday morning (thought the traffic would be easier.) Not too bad- but I was really scared. Geez, there are some idiots out there. I will take my daughter with when I can till I feel more at ease, It may not last, I don't know yet. I have to ask her how I'm doing... I went to the little town up the road and several people asked me where I've been. Didn't realize how much of a recluse I've become.:paperbag:

Gas fluctuates ere........it was $2.23 the other day. Now, it's $2.49. BAH. At least it's not $4 a gallon like it was this past summer....

Back
Top Bottom