Wootwootwootywootwoot!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

occb, Scott will have to learn to take things in slowly so that he can understand what each step in the process involves with respect to computers. I'm speaking from "first-hand" experience b/c I also have a cognitive impairment which affects the logic aspect of how computers work. You and others might pick the process up immediately, but not everyone has that ability, especially if the Rx they're on tends to cause mental confusion. You'll need to be patient with Scott as he learns his way around the computer. Much more easily said than done, I'm afraid. Good luck with this, regardless and tell Scott he has an army of people who have already experienced in one way or another what he is experiencing. He's not alone and neither are you, my "sister" Canuck! :D

*big hugs brother canuck!* Yeah -- I don't get annoyed with him for not picking it up more quickly. I realize that a number of thing interfere with his ability to concentrate on it. I'll happily go through the steps again and again until he gets it. It's just a matter of time, and, really, there's no rush. As with everything, he'll do it when he's ready to do it.

Yeah Epileric! Blues is teh shizzle!

So, my partner called to confirm his March 31 EEG -- it already took us 3 months to get in to the neurologist, then another 3 for the EEG, then who knows until the neuro again, which would have made this entire journey a half-year ordeal at very minimum just to find out (gotta love Alberta health) -- but they asked if he'd like an earlier appointment, and he said yes. Now we go a week FROM TODAY!

:roflmao: That was awesome Bernard.

T-1 day and counting!

Almost there! Can you "taste" it yet?
Tell Scott not to worry about the computer thing. At my last job I actually blew one up! All kidding aside, the darn thing exploded. Until he's done that its all good, lol.

I read your post out to him Cat, and his laughter echoed off all the walls.

Can't. Wait. For. EEG!

HOLY COW TOMORROW!

yay. i will see doctor fast, and will be crossing my fingers *and mostly ignoring him* so I can concentrate on you guys. oooh I get tingles!

and Cat, thats hillarious!

Nonono! You need to focus on your neuro!

I'll be on here anyhoo just as soon as I can after the EEG (or Egg day as we've been affectionately referring to it)

So partner had emailed mom back Friday saying "the test is to detirmine if I have epilepsy. They need to know this before they do surgery on my back"

We heard nothing all weekend (and I'm thinking 'swallow that silly lady!') and then this morning -- "hope your back feels better. Maybe read a book to take your mind off it."

McGill my brother -- you pegged the denial, with a capital D! Yeesh.

I would email her back and tell her to re-read the email. and that if it says any activity, they need to rethink the back surgery. which means her little baby will be in alot of pain for a long time

and tell her the only book he plans on reading is the one to help disillusioned mothers.

That, and one on denial, Rae, and how damaging it is to all concerned!

occb: T - 24 hrs. and counting!! Simply tell Scott when he doesn't understand something to say in a monotone voice, "Does not compute!!!"

I'm willing to bet that the women will be concentrating on the neurologist, to see whether he's a "hunk" or not! :roflmao:

Last edited:
All the best. Rock on Scott! I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow and even in the dentist chair. :rock:

tam bam

Last edited:
Once the EEG is finished, do you think Scott can "throw egg on his DM's face"? :bigsmile: She might get a "charge" out of it!! :roflmao:

:roflmao: Egg-sellent! You guys crack me up! :lol:

All of you make this much easier to deal with. This really is a supportive community, and Scott and I are lucky that you've been here for us.

A very big hug and thank you to everyone! I will fill you in on what happens tomorrow.

:roflmao: Oh McGill those is some delicious humour.

Well you dont have too much longer. less than 18 hours now i think

Yes, but you won't want to be put into hot water!! You'll have all your "innards" get "hard boiled"! :bigsmile: You know what the Canadian Egg Marketing Board says about eggs: "Get Crackin' "; so we might as well go with the flow and "crack each other up!" :roflmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom