Worried I have a seizure coming on

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Trinity

New
Reaction score
It's been a long time since i've felt the way I feel right now. My TCs have been very well controlled and I haven't had one in 8years.

How are you feeling now? Hope you're ok. Leave a message when you're able so we know you're alright? *hugs*

What makes you worry about it now? Just a sixth sense or particular symptoms? I hope whatever is going on passes quickly and you remain seizure-free.

Sorry to hear.... I know how it feels. I have had that feeling before also. I know it isn't always practical, but in the past I have gone in to the ER when I felt like I was going to seize. Turned out I did the right thing, they ran an emergency blood test to check my dilantin level, it was too low. They injected me to get me back where I needed to be, and I was able to go home and rest easy.

If you have a nurse line, I would suggest calling the nurse line, telling them what your feeling, etc, and find out if they think you should come in. I know I was glad I went in when I found out what I found out.

Trinity,

It's not unusual for the dosage to become not enough over time. A few people in here have posted about it, one I think had been on the same dose of Depakote for 20 years.

Our instincts sometimes know what our logical mind doesn't. Every time I don't listen to my instincts I regret it. So don't let it scare you, but do take it as a cue to do some things to take extra care of yourself.

Are there some things you would avoid doing if you were going to have a generalized siezure? Like drive, boil water, take a bath, use the barbeque, etc.? I'd avoid triggers, have your blood levels checked, and tell your neuro how you are feeling.

If you don't have a seizure, is there some point where you will ignore the feeling and go on with normal life without worrying?

Will you let us know how you are feeling?

Thank you. I am feeling better right now although last night I had several jerks (and yes a general feeling of unwellness that I attributed to the feeling I had prior to previous TCs) but not TC. It's 5am now so I need to go back to bed.

Try not to get too stressed about it. I know strees is a big seizure triger for me.

Glad you're feeling better!

Back
Top Bottom