would someone tell me what is neurofeedback please

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Maybe I'm stupid but I don't know what it is.

Someone told me it's same thing as biofeedback that's when I've been able to basically tell myself in my mind I wasn't going to have a seizure over and over and it didn't happen.

Someone who I knew at EFA in Atlanta explained it to be biofeedback in the 90's and that was what I was doing.:twocents:

I was curious a while back, too. I just googled "neurofeedback for epilepsy" and got WAY more info. than I bargained for. Happy reading!!

when I looked it up on Yahoo it didn't make any since.

so screw it.

It's a little exercising to build up a muscle, only in this case you're exercising your brain. You train your brain to "behave" by learning to control an image on a monitor with your brainwaves. You wear an EEG headset that records your brainwaves while you watch the monitor. The monitor displays some simple task, like moving a rocket ship. If you produce the right kind of brainwaves, then the rocket ship moves. It can take many sessions, but the idea is that eventually your brain gets stronger and better at producing the right kind of brainwaves.

You can see a sample of it by clicking the video here: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/vi...ube_6f7d938c-0a86-11e3-b234-001a4bcf887a.html

Nakamova,
thank you very I really appreciate you telling me.
It meant a lot that you did.

Back
Top Bottom