Wow. Alert tool for those with TC's

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Endless

Even Keel
Reaction score
If you've got a smartphone, there's a new Android app to detect a TC and alert your loved ones.

Free mobile application to detect epileptic seizures with automated carer alert.

EpDetect will monitor the movement of the person while the phone is in their pocket or worn on a belt. The software will differentiate the movements associated with epilepsy from normal movement. When a seizure is detected it will warn the person that it is about to send an SMS message to a carer, in the case of a false alarm the person will be able to cancel the SMS alert. The SMS message contains time, GPS coordinates (if the phone has GPS) and a short message, allowing the carer to raise the alarm and take remedial action or call an ambulance. When the person recovers they press a button to cancel the alarm, which will initiate an end of emergency SMS message.

The app is free. Double wow. I'm sure they must have an iphone version, too. Though, I have no idea if it works. I didn't download it and then simulate convulsions to test it. Only 4 people have downloaded so far, and they seem happy. Real people with seizure disorder, or the developer's sisters?

https://market.android.com/details?...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yZC5lcGRldGVjdCJd

Back
Top Bottom