You know finding this site

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

STEVE.F

New
Reaction score
Has given me a real lift, apart from close family and the odd freind i never tell anyone about my condition anymore,perhaps its because of other peoples reactions,but after twenty odd years and god only knows how many siezures later,there are others who have very similar siezures,odd behaviour,tongue biting,i feel im not the odd one out i can actualy speak to others who know what i mean theres no predjudice,i dont feel i have to hide and thats thanks to you all.

THANK YOU :clap:

Yes, I found this site to be a godsend. Everyone here "gets it" about epilepsy.

This forum has helped me a lot too. I find answers to a lot of questions I've had for a long time. I understand myself a lot better after reading these post.

I agree. This site has been both informative and emotionally supportive. When I read the posts from other people it is like reading something I could have written myself. Knowing that I am hardly alone in this is what makes it so much more tolerable.

I know I'm glad I found this site, it's been very helpful for me. I can talk to my family, friends and even drs about things but they just really don't understand what's going on inside. It's nice to come somewhere and ask a question and find out there are other people who know what you are talking about without having to even try to describe it. It's nice to know that I can come on here and I'm able to help others with what's going on with them too.

I am surprised it took me as long as it did to find this site. Has actually picked me up since I found it. I actually get more support and information on here than I do from my own doctor. Love it here, thanks everyone!

I agree. Most of our doctors don't have seizures, so when you are trying to tell them how you feel or what is taking place, they just look at you with that blank stare. If it hasn't been in a book, they don't understand. It is always great to have a group of friends that you can hang out with and talk about what is happening in your life. Let's all gather around the campfire now...."Kumbiya"

Back
Top Bottom