Zarontin

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jgeekie

New
Reaction score
Hey everyone;

I have no idea where to put this so I'm putting it here. Moderators feel free to mvoe the thread.

I take Zarontin (Ethosuximide). The caplet form of the drug has become unavailable here in Canada, and all I can get is the liquid. My question for the community is this;

For those on Zarontin, do you notice a difference in the side effects between the liquid and gelcap forms of the drug?

I had very, very minor side effects with the gelcaps, but I find the side effects from the liquid much more severe.

Thanks

Jay

took it once opposite reactoin for me got me sick as hell maybe allergic idk but it sucked been in the u.s. for awhile

Generally, a liquid form is absorbed faster, though the difference between liquid and gelcaps should be pretty small. Are there any fillers or binders that are in one form but not the other?

You might also try taking the liquid on a full stomach, to slow absorption and -- perhaps -- even out any side effects.

Back
Top Bottom