Zonegran fogginess ? Wellbutrin?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ccsf00

New
Reaction score
Hi guys-

So I have Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy, and have been on Zonegran mostly, 100mg. That's all it takes to control my seizures 100%. But I always feel tired, so I recently switched to Lamictal 50mg. I was ok for a while, but then was triggered, and had my first seizure in 7 years. We raised it to 100mg, but I had another seizure. Instead of raising it again, I was put back on Zonegran. I was on Lamictal for for 7 months and still felt tired, however the last month before switching, I felt like a normal person!!:clap: Now back on the Zonegran, all I want to do is lay in bed again.

The doc suggested I try adding Wellbutrin with my Zonegran for energy. What do you guys think? Or should I just switch back to Lamictal and try raising the dosage?

I would suggest trying Lamictal again, since you eventually felt like a normal person. But be careful of the Wellbutrin as it is known to cause seizures in some epilepsy patients. Make sure the dr. knows.

Zonegran made me pretty foggy. It's the only AED I had cognitive side effects with. I'm on Lamictal now, and it's been fine, though as with you, it took a while for some of the side effects to even out.

Your Lamictal dose was fairly low (usually it's 150mg and up), so that may have been why there were issues with seizure control. I agree with Cint, if the Lamictal started to work well for you, it may be worth trying again.

Back
Top Bottom