• Affects me occassionally

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Affects me frequently

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • My Absence / Atypical Absence are controlled

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • My Absence / Atypical Absence are uncontrolled / poorly controlled

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Absence / Atypical Absence restricts me from doing things I would like to do

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • I've been declared intractable / refractory

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I am on too many / too little medication(s)

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I am undergoing alternative methods

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I feel that Absence / Atypical Absence isolates me

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • I feel that Absence / Atypical Absence have ruined my life

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

crs

I know what you mean. I have never had a 'normal' day in my life.

pinball

Anybody ever feel like their head was the ball in a pinball machine, yet you remember everything as you normally would?
They seem to be increasing for me.:ponder:

Absences effect me a lot,they're not controlled and I hate them,and they've ruined my live.

My doctors are more concerned about tonic clonic seizures than any others.That's my experience here.
I don't like to go out and do things out of embarrassment.

I have a lot of abscence seizures, too. I still go out and do things. You need to get out of the house. You will feel better if you go for walks and go to the stores.

I have a lot of abscence seizures, too. I still go out and do things. You need to get out of the house. You will feel better if you go for walks and go to the stores.

I have done that.I talked to a lovely woman who helped me a lot.I mean a lot.I became agoraphobic because of this and with her help I go out now more than I ever did.

But I still get anxious more than often because of it.

Sometimes, I get anxious too. I am glad you have someone to go out with, that helps.

I have tons of them per day too many meds and restricts me from activities I like to do but they irritate me more than t/c s

As acpollard2010 has mentioned im in the same boat although i dont suffer as many per day.I will get days when the are quite prevelant though,and they are a royal pain in the butt.Sometimes if i am having them at home,i find that if i go to bed and have a sleep this seems to alleviate them and i feel fine when i wake up.

I have checked it out. I will take it out if I need to. It can help a lot of my small seizures.And what ever I can do to make a positive difference in my sons life. I'll do it.

i rarely notice them when im alone. though when im around people they say ill just stop and be unfocused. it freaks them out when it happens while im talking, which is about when everybody picks up on it.

Back
Top Bottom