AEDs and dreams

AEDs and dreams

• I noticed a change in my dreamstate when I started taking AEDs.

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • I did not notice any change in my dreamstate when I started taking AEDS.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I don't think AEDs have any affect on a persons' dreamstate.

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nightmares

I never had a problem with Dilantin or Tegretol, but both Keppra and Lamictal gave me vivid nightmares. Ironically this was after RTL when they removed my visual memory so I'm kind of blind in the mind but I can get a glimpse. So, basically I can't see pictures in my mind (visualize), but yet I would have vivid nightmares on these 2 AEDs. Never could figure that one out :ponder:

I have noticed really vivid, lucid dreaming while on lamortirgine

Loving these freaky dreams I've been having since starting Lamictal XR last month. I have one nearly every night, if not several. I need to start journaling because later in the day I forget if they haven't been noted.

Off to look in that dream dictionary that was posted.

Oh and before starting these meds I'd probably have maybe 3 in a whole year that I can recall.

Boo, Guess who?

Thank you epileric. You definitely deserve the credit here. :D

I looked at that link and tried to decipher the crazy, bizarre, and anxiety-filled one from a few nights ago. Interesting stuff for sure!!

So, can

someone tell me what a shark swimming in a sea of chocolate would mean???

someone tell me what a shark swimming in a sea of chocolate would mean???

According to http://www.dreammoods.com/, it says:

Shark

To see a shark in your dream, indicates feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others. You may be going through a difficult, painful, or unpleasant emotional period. Alternatively, it represents a person whom you see as greedy and unscrupulous. This person goes after what what he or she wants with no regards to the well-being and sensitivity of others. The shark may also be an aspect of your own personality which exhibit these qualities.

Chocolate

To see chocolate in your dream, signifies self-reward. It also denotes that you may be indulging in too many excesses and need to practice some restraint.

OK, but

in plain English, PLEASE............I guess I'm just a thoroughly confused person???

My interperetation

You're going through a hard time and are soon to be rewarded.

i used to have some pretty impressive dreams but now i don't remember most of them and from what i do i don't get many and they're very very dull compared to what they used to be a couple of years ago before i started on lamictal :(

interp needed

I had a strange dream early this morning. What does a thyroid shaped like a black butterfly with a yellow border signify. It covered my whole throat.

Hi Kendra

Wow, it's so good to know that it's not just me that has crazy, surreal dreams! I can be back amongst school friends, or way back on a holiday I had as a kid, you would not believe some of the mad situations I find myself in, I can wake up and tell Mark all about what I dreamt, in the most incredible detail, I usually forget it throughout the day.

Has anyone ever been "Astral Bouncing" in their dreams? What's that I hear you cry, well... I can only liken it to taking a step forward in slow motion, and then the next step and I lift up off the floor, still in slow motion, and then take the next step,right up high into the sky, until I am actual "sky walking" all in slo-mo, I come back down onto the pavement after each step, and then bounce back up again, it's a wonderful feeling, and I sometimes wish I could do it in real life, better than waiting for a bus huh?!

So, you aren't alone, I was with Professor John Duncan last week in London, he looks after my barmy brain, and I suggested to him that I feel there is a fine line between dreams and epilepsy, especially after I was having SP's on waking recently, almost as if my brain couldn't tell the difference between me being asleep and awake, he agreed that there was a connection, so maybe there is scope here for research in the future.
I keep dreaming that we win the National Lottery so, who knows huh?

Lotsalove

Elaine x

Hm... my dreams are not 'weird' anymore (even though they used to be at some point- very weird and freaky!). But now I seem like I am dreaming too much... I wake up so many times during the night and every time I wake up, I remember a different dream. The most annoying thing for me is that those dreams are very realistic and usually concern everyday stuff that is very likely to happen in the real life. I find myself wondering whether something was real or only a dream so many times! For instance, I can have a 'dream' conversation with someone and then just can't figure out if that really happened or not (had to ask the person i chatted with lol). At other times I am 'sure' that it did happen and then it turns out that noone except me remembers this... so that was a dream. Anyone else has that? :D

I always had vivid dreams as a child...at 15 when I began Tegretol I rarely remembered a dream. Since Keppra, they started off vivid 9 months ago, but have recently started to be extremly disturbing...very symbolic and telling of what issues I need to work out and thensome. It is one of the reasons I am switching from Keppra to Zonegran.

When I was on Tegretol I didnt get too many dreams. Before I was diagnosed with seizures I got ALOT of dreams and nightmares as well. Now I am on Keppra and I find that if I sleep more than 7 hours I get weird dreams.

Lamictal gave me extremely vivid and often disturbing dreams. but after a few months the dreaming and restless sleep went away. Now I can barely remember my dreams, and I miss them. Lamictal giveth, and Lamictal taketh away.

Back
Top Bottom