alteration of CONTINUITY making seizures worse?

do you have "continuity" problems?

• I never had continuity problems

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I did, but they're definitely better

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I did, and they're still a problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
have you ever had a seizure with loss of consciousness that you feel was made harder and worse by loss of continuity during the seizure period?

by loss of continuity I mean:

initially you're just doing some activity or sleeping
seizure occurs
next 'reality' your continuity has changed (to being in a different room, to having more people/strangers/EMT around, to going from standing to prone, to going from normal to bloody, etc.)

there's a level that this type of thing I've been able to handle but it seems some times are harder than others - this could be due to the seizure type, but I do know continuity change like that is hard for me

I wonder if it gets easier to come to terms with the "I was fine a 'minute' ago, but now I'm bloody and in extreme pain and in a roomful of strangers who are giving me strange smiles" thing...

time makes things easier

it just also occurred to me -duh- this could be due to the area of my brain my seizures occur

The biggest loss of continuity was during my very first seizures. Since then, even though it sucks to emerge from a grand mal, I can wrap my head around what has happened since it's happened before.

My handful of tonic-clonics left a gap in continuity, but I was so wiped out, there were ambulances and paramedics and such, that it kind of didn't matter. I've only had one occasion when I lost a little time while having a partial, and that was pretty scary. I was walking one foggy evening on a VERY familiar route, I felt a partial coming on, and the next thing I knew I was looking around, not sure where I was or how I had gotten there. The thick fog didn't help, but I was about 2 blocks away from where I had felt the sz coming on. It only took a minute or so to get reoriented and back on my route, but it was not pleasant at all.

The biggest loss of continuity was during my very first seizures. Since then, even though it sucks to emerge from a grand mal, I can wrap my head around what has happened since it's happened before.

it's still tricky for me
maybe it's my type of seizures as well
I've always had TCs as far as I know

Back
Top Bottom