Answer this question!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pita300

New
Reaction score
Each day, I (or my loved one) must take ______________ pills to manage my (or their) Epilepsy.

I take 20 pills a day to manage my epilepsy 2 of those are for depression and anxiety which is most likely a side effect of the anti seizure meds. The funny thing is the medication for anxiety is also an anti seizure med! I take Lorazepam for emergency I only take as needed. I am currently coming off Lamictal starting today and starting Dilantin . once that process is complete i'll be down to 14 a day. :)

seven. But I can't complain because they are the tiny 25mg size of Lamictal.

Good luck with the taper down/ramp up!

seven. But I can't complain because they are the tiny 25mg size of Lamictal.

Good luck with the taper down/ramp up!
I agree part of those 20 pills are the 25mg Lamictal. But starting to day i'm down to 18 every week I'll lose one till I'm down to 14 :)

Have in the past mostly took 3 even though my PCP wanted me to take 4. 400 mg of Dilantin. Almost two weeks ago had to also start 2 too mg of Keppra to be increased to 3 this Tuesday. Will be taking 7. I really don't feel like I have much of a problem compared to reading on here what others have to deal with. My only real problem is having to get use to the way I am feeling and hopefully that will pass before to long. Has been a REALLY BAD weekend.

Have in the past mostly took 3 even though my PCP wanted me to take 4. 400 mg of Dilantin. Almost two weeks ago had to also start 2 too mg of Keppra to be increased to 3 this Tuesday. Will be taking 7. I really don't feel like I have much of a problem compared to reading on here what others have to deal with. My only real problem is having to get use to the way I am feeling and hopefully that will pass before to long. Has been a REALLY BAD weekend.
daviscy60

You should not worry about your condition compared to anyone else one here. We all have the same thing in common and that's are hate of E. We are also here to listen and support each other. Keppra and cause some horrible side effects. I also take Keppra. I wanted to come off of it. I told the epileptolgist that I wanted to come off of it because of my worsening depression. He seem to think it was the Lamictal since I had been on it longer than the Keppra. that's the reason for my change. If I'm not noticing a change after all the med changes than I will push to get off the Keprra.

Each day, I (or my loved one) must take 13 pills to manage my (or their) Epilepsy.

lot less than I used to, and this is the first cocktail that works, and 2 months is the longest time that has works in 8 years,

you would not belive how my headaches have been getting lately

each day i take 10 pills to manage my epilepsy.. that's 550mg of lamictal.

sometimes it's 11 if i take a lorazepam. which i would now if i had one with me.

Now I'm taking 10 pills a day for my E. 6 of those are Keppra (3000 mgs), two are Topomax and two are a newer drug-Potiga. I'm supposed to up my dosage of Potiga, but when I do, it makes me crazy. I also take an anti-depressant with all of these meds.

12 pills at the moment for me,4 Epilim(2000mg) plus 5 Tegretol(1000mg) also one anti-depressant.Plus two 5mg tablets off Diazapam.Thats what it seems to take to hold the wires in my head together...........at the moment:loco:

eight. a combination of carbamazepine, lamotrigine, and vimpat 2x a day.
but not much longer hell yeah!!!!!!!

nak and pita i must ask, why are you taking so many 25mg of lamictal? why doesn't your doc simply prescribe a 100mg and then 50's or 25's to make up the dose? that is so odd :ponder:

each day i take 10 pills to manage my epilepsy.. that's 550mg of lamictal.

sometimes it's 11 if i take a lorazepam. which i would now if i had one with me.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

geographically we're so close compared to most members, i should just be able to airmail you some of my ativan, dammit!!!!!
if your day gets much worse bud, screw it, work isn't worth it when the partials are that bad :( i've found when i have more than one in a day that i likely got a t.c. coming. maybe better safe than sorry and go rest in bed?

Each day, I must take 15.5 pills to manage my Epilepsy

5 keppra = 2,500 mg
4.5 lamictal = 900 mg
4 dilantin = 350 mg

To be honest, dilantin is the star of the show. The other two are backup singers.

each day I take 10 pills for epilepsy.. morning tegretol 200mg, pregabalin 100mg + 50mg, noon pregabalin 100mg and 50mg, afternoon 0.5mg clonazepam, evening 100mg x2 pregabalin, tegretol 400mg and 200mg.

Depression Mirtazepine
Anxiety Quitiapine
Meds for heart and hernia
:)

eight. a combination of carbamazepine, lamotrigine, and vimpat 2x a day.
but not much longer hell yeah!!!!!!!

nak and pita i must ask, why are you taking so many 25mg of lamictal? why doesn't your doc simply prescribe a 100mg and then 50's or 25's to make up the dose? that is so odd :ponder:
I'm taking so many 25mg Lamictal because I was rampping up and now i'm rampping down. both times you do it at 25 mg a week. The main size of Lamictal is 150mg so if the DR has you on 500 mg you make it up with the 25mg. I hate them. They are so tiny. When you take 6 of them they get stuck in you mouth and start dissolving. Its gross :)

yep. i did that ramping up and it got a bit irritating. i didn't realize you were ramping down, same process ey. good times.

I like having the flexibility of the 25mgs -- If I'm traveling through different time zones I can take a few pills over a certain length of time to make the shift easier. It's also cheaper -- my insurance charges a copayment for each size of pill. Since I take 175mg/day, that would be one 100, one 50, and one 25, and I would be charged a separate copayment for each.

PITA - Good luck with the tapering.
I only take 2 tablets a day (1000mg Keppra Am & Pm) so I'm definitely not going to complain about that lol.

im currently taking 6

2 keppra in the morning and 2 at night
1 epilim in the morning ( as ive been tapering off this for the last 5 weeks)
and 1 clobazam at night

Wow, I just got off of having to take antibiotics (8 a day) in addition to my regular meds. And I thought I had it hard. But now I only take one 750 keppra in the am. and one in the pm. for E but I have to take 2 Effexor in the am for clinical depression and 1 verapimil every am. for blood pressure problems. So I am in this maze of meds for side effects of other meds but I am O.K. and not seizing at the moment so count my blessings right?
This is to say nothing of the vitamin/oil supplements i take to try to maintain. LIFE IS GOOD tho.:pfft:

Back
Top Bottom