Anyone have or had other health issues caused by seizure meds?

What is the most amount of seizures you've had in one day?

• 1-2

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • 2-4

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • 4-6

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 6-8+

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've been having runny stool up to 3xs a day now ugh! I was told it is Depakote side effect and so uncomfortable afraid to go anywhere at times and living on Immodium AD. They want to run a colonoscopy but I think it is just the med so frustrated.

Recently I've been having migraines,vomiting,double vision and unsteady on my feet sometimes.Could be the Carb or Depakote they ain't sure.Although stopping the rec drugs probably has helped a great deal,whatever people may think of me.

I've been having runny stool up to 3xs a day now ugh! I was told it is Depakote side effect and so uncomfortable afraid to go anywhere at times and living on Immodium AD. They want to run a colonoscopy but I think it is just the med so frustrated.

I've had the same problem for as long as I can remember.

Recently I've been having migraines,vomiting,double vision and unsteady on my feet sometimes.Could be the Carb or Depakote they ain't sure.Although stopping the rec drugs probably has helped a great deal,whatever people may think of me.

I was having the same problem at the beginning of the year. It was so bad that I lost about 25 lbs because I just couldn't eat, I'd throw it up. Neuro told me that tegretol, which I take, can lower your potassium levels. He said that that these things can be caused when you have low potassium. I stated taking potassium pills and eating food with more potassium in it. All of the problems went away but I notice if I'm very tired I'll sometimes have double vision but it's not nearly as bad as it was and doesn't last that long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom