• One finger

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Two fingers

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Yes, I can touch type

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to make this a poll or delete it. If someone will help me I'd appericate it - thanks!

Last edited:
I can only hunt and peck. Never learned to type, never needed to. I actually enjoy writing things by hand.

Yeah. but I took general typing because I couldn't stand the competitiveness of speed typing.

I can type. I don't remember for sure but I think it was a class that I had to take in high school, that was over 15 years ago though.

I can't believe how fast some people can finger peck though, almost as fast as I can type!

I remember flunking typing in high school. Typeing on the IBM typewriter. Cutting edge back then. Now I type every day for a living.

Ive been typing since 7th grade. I took typing classes in middle school, high school and college. I actually help my husband all the time when it comes to typing things he needs for work, home, etc.

I can type pretty well, even better when I'm not looking at the screen or the keyboard. I tend to make a few mistakes when I'm concentrating too much on the keyboard.

I remember flunking typing in high school. Typeing on the IBM typewriter. Cutting edge back then. Now I type every day for a living.

I remember having to learn to center text on the electric by counting the number of characters and dividing by two and... something to do with the margin. And ribbons made with correction tape were a really big deal.

I think the last time I got timed last year I hit about 60 wpm, but really my accuracy has taken a bit of a hit the last few weeks since I had to go on the meds. C'est la vie.

I never took typing decades ago when I was young. seizures and meds took its toll on my typing ability later on when I started working in an office. Slow! My eyes and hands do the two step, so makes it more difficult. I tried to get an office job after i became unemployed in 09. fifteen WPM does not a typist make!! :bigsmile:

Pleased to say I have a RSA Diploma level 3 - Word Processing - Text Production - Document Presentation - Mail-merge - Access - Excel - something I did at college ten years ago so a late developer!
:)

Back to your ask for help- do you want a poll, what is it's title, how many questions and what are they? Then if you like I will start it for you
:)

Can you touch type?

Can you type?

1. One finger
  2. Two fingers
  3. Yes, I can touch type

Last edited:
I taught myself when I was about 15 on an old underwood metal manual typewriter. Then I took a couple classes of it. I still have a typewriter, and now I have to search for the film ribbons. The correction part of the typewriter no longer works. Funny, with all my memory problems, typing isn't a thing I've forgotten!

I can but I usually use the number keys on the side - I never really got comfortable using the ones on the top row. I end up cheating and looking when I try.

I use 9 fingers to type,
i cut off the index finger on my right hand in the past,
so I dont always use it to type,
but I can touch type

Since nicholasscott21 has a poll started, I am combining these threads.

It's actually funny but because I can type I can't just type with one finger. I have trouble finding the keys.

Back
Top Bottom