• Yes

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Zolt my first medications years ago was lamotrigine and they never helped my seizures and ontop gained 5st besides a rash taking my body over...they're not a drug I'd recommend.

So far I never have vomited I just get that feeling.
I also sometimes feel like I need a bowel movement. Never have had it so bad that I've gone in my pants but it's been close. Sorry to be disgusting but you asked.,

hurts when you are on a first date and you crap yourself and the night before was taco night

Do your seizures hurt?

I'm curious about the actual experience of the seizure itself while you are seizing, rather than how you feel afterward. Include any aura as part of the seizure.

Thank you!

I am in an active status ps
at this time. rescue meds not helpig. it doesnt hurt but is very unpleasant. left arm weak from shoulder to elbow, arm quivering, feel like throwing up.

When it ends I will feel even worse. sent email to doctor asking for different rescue med.

Zolt my first medications years ago was lamotrigine and they never helped my seizures and ontop gained 5st besides a rash taking my body over...they're not a drug I'd recommend.

I have actually lost 35 pounds on it since novv or dec. not sure if its th med or something else though

i have road rash on my face from when i fell on the carpet

Afterwards YES (sore sore sore).

Once I had one, woke up in a pile of blood + all sore and figured out I had seizure + bit my mouth.

Last edited:
I don't have any pain after my seizures I just feel embarrassed sometimes when I've had a complex partial seizure and I wander around at work and walk into a classroom that I'm not supposed to be in. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

My Simple Partials don't hurt--I'm conscious throughout them, & they're over within 5 minutes. It's my Complex Partials that are often troublesome (painful). They occur w/o any aura. Unless I do something to myself or my surroundings, and/or there is a witness, I do not even know when one has occurred.
I have burned myself severely (second & third degree) many times during them. Just last week, I had one in which I apparently got off the sofa & went into the kitchen, where I collapsed, hitting an area of my left ribs on the counter.

My tonic clonic was roughly 14 years ago. I believe I may have had a few partials over the years. I don't remember anything leading up to my tonic clonic and I don't remember afterwards. I'm ex-military, no recollection of scans, transfer back to my base hospital, I don't even remember being released to go back home. Long term memory being mostly gone. The biggest thing that probably hurts is asking my wife every so often the details of my seizure and making her relive it. Different forms of "hurt" caused by seizures I guess.

Pounding head ache.I have wondered if my back pain has anything to do with it

The seizures themselves do not hurt, in fact I live with chronic pain from injuries and when I have a seizure I usually feel no pain pre, peri, and post-ictal. After the seizure when I am through the post-ictal state the pain comes back full force and is very intense for a few minutes until my brain remembers how to push the pain into the background.

When I lose consciousness during a complex partial I often fall backwards and crash into things that lead to painful injuries and some concussions. I often have very strong headaches after a seizure.

I on lac why it do this? I going to worry about that incase happens to me.

I surpose what do you define as pain, the migraine I get with it all hinders my life big time.I often get bruises of all shapes and sizes the size and place body very odd.at the moment I got tic in ankle it e related and driving me mad so something will happen next 24hours but go round in misery because I know head ache and puke bucket be out.
I can see reasoning about it hurting body going into spasm but difficult to argue do e cause it or is result of e,I have wounded this my daughter and me have and had it she went to special school kids with nuro problems the nurse in the high dependency unit of her school said yes but not everyone agreed with her

Back
Top Bottom