have you gotten used to your type of seizures?

have you gotten used to your types of seizures?

• yes

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 36 57.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'll never get used to them. I have one t/c roughly every 6 months, but can be triggered sooner by certain things. I worry every night when I go to sleep that tonight might be the night.

hehehehehe,your sooooooo sweet!!!

qtowngirl

So you figured out my humor, hope you did not take any offense.

You know something? I never paid attention to the fact that they are almost like a pattern, at first they seemed to be different each time, and they are on the level of magnitude. I can narrow it down to 3 things that is sure to happen, anything else other than these three things I conisider a BONUS!

1. Sudden rush, unplugged/electric shock, disconnected from body
2. Limbs get rigid, hard to move, stuck and staring
3. Melting and slidding down , then jittery and tired

BONUS:

smells
Headache
Shooting Stars (almost always)
Color shapes
Stomach ache (almost always)
Nausea or Vommitting
Confused and unable to concentrate
Speechless
Aroused (?) need I say more?

Now, since this is all new to me, It may very well be reverse, that the three things are the aura's and the bonus stuff is the simple seizure? Heck, I don't know. I let the dr's tell me.

I forgot to mention entire body stretching! this happens usually after, the stiff or heavy muschle feeling. I have to stretch my entire body.

maryl, an aura and simple partial seizure are the same thing. depends on your doc and where you live what reference is used, but they are one and the same.
sounds to me that you have mostly simple partial seizures, but as you've said you'll lose seconds or minutes just standing there not aware what you're doing, that is a complex partial. one easily turns to the other and sometimes the line between can be hard to find. best described by someone watching you.
and if the complex is going to further itself a grand mal comes next (many are lucky tho and have complex's only), so it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doc about complex partials and be sure you're on the right level of meds to tackle those. they can be very dangerous on top of making you feel like shit :)

Never got used to them infact there a whole lot worse now I know about the links with sleep seizures and death...i only suffer sleep seizures but well under control.... Touch wood.....and I did

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I will never be used to them. I have to many of them. They are always in my way. I have met some wonderful people because of my difficult to control seizures. And some very strange people. But I have learned to appreciate life a lot more and not judge people like before. Love is the way.

maryl, an aura and simple partial seizure are the same thing. depends on your doc and where you live what reference is used, but they are one and the same.
sounds to me that you have mostly simple partial seizures, but as you've said you'll lose seconds or minutes just standing there not aware what you're doing, that is a complex partial. one easily turns to the other and sometimes the line between can be hard to find. best described by someone watching you.
and if the complex is going to further itself a grand mal comes next (many are lucky tho and have complex's only), so it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doc about complex partials and be sure you're on the right level of meds to tackle those. they can be very dangerous on top of making you feel like shit :)

Uht oh..., I got a feeling thats hwere im headed. I feel like shit 95% of the time. Its mainly early morning that ive been feeling pretty bad lately. I feel spastic all over, like an earthquake mixed with jitters and uncontrollable urge to stretch entire body. Feel it now as I speak....crappy...yes! See, I don't know what to call it?

hmm a tricky one...

i think overall yes- with regards to having my type of seizures- i've become quite nochalant about the whole thing.

although i doubt i'll ever stop being amazed at just how much damage you can do/pain you can get from them...

it gets easier t the point were if my gf does not tell me i had one I dont know, which can be a bad thing all things considered. specially if I am trying to be aware of what I said

my apnea comes and goes, which can be a marker,

I was more used to having them. Now that I am on VNS I am having a lot less seizures, I'm happier, more energy. There are things I don't like about it. But I'm just going to just give it time. I am having more asthma attack, shortness of breath. I'll tell you what. Its much better,Then brain surgery. I wish I would of first.

mine also change ever so often
nothing like waking up at work on the sofa with my pants wet and a headache, curious what happened with my day.

I had an attack of postictal psychosis 6 weeks ago, spent 10days in hospital, I was in 'wonderland', my family were in hell. It is another effect of epilepsy. Any of you people ever go into that wonderland?? My worry now is that if I go in there again I wont come out and where do I go? Into some home for helpless people? Apart from that , the side effect of the medication is a hell of its own, depression, suicidal, fatigue, short memory and on it goes...oh to have a day, a week of what life was like, could be like on a normal day!! How are you all out there, living the dream?? I do hope so, oh I have heard of medicinal marijuana, any of you lot heard of such a thing??

I smoke weed every day and it does me know harm.....whether it does me any good I dunno because I smoke it everyday like it so won't quit....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

When I have the opportunity I may do some research, hope it has a positive effect, I so miss my car but I don't expect to be driving any time soon even if weed does free me of any seizures.

That depends on which seizures.I have several different types of sz's.

I'll never get use to the tonic clonic sz's and the absence I don't remember or the CP sz's.

Mine have changed too much in the past 6 months to say I'm used to them. I'll be used to them when they have stopped :)

Back
Top Bottom