have you gotten used to your type of seizures?

have you gotten used to your types of seizures?

• yes

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 36 57.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I don't think I could ever get used to my seizures and now they are changing and happening much more often. I have only been having them about 2 years.

I had the weirdest seizure the other day, I hit my head the day before , the next day I was seeing beautiful bright colors. They looked so real. Other wise I am pretty compfy with them. My son had a complex partial the other day and fell into my arms.He had the flu. That's how mine started. With the chicken pox, high temp.

I think to a degree? Simple complex are not unusual and very much a part of my every day existence, if that makes sense? However, being in grad school, being epileptic made me so... "unusual" and "exotic" that has been awful to deal with. Whenever I had a tonic clonic seizure I couldn't deal with it in my own way, I had to deal with how everyone else wanted to deal with it so I'm suddenly no longer "comfortable" with being epileptic anymore.

One no.......I still get frightened great lumps memory gone bruises.killer head ache loss driving licence it has influence on my life if I need go somewhere etc I start fretting incase have sz.Tolerance and getting used to it now would I feel tolerant if made put my hand in fire everyday

I'm defiantly lucky. I've been seizure free for a long time since put on Pheno. Before that, I remember getting a wicked headache about a day before. Then that dam sinus smell thing a few hours just before. I don't know how long my luck is gonna last, but I'm not gonna worry about it for now.

Sometimes even now, if I don't get enough sleep, my body will get a jolt at night while sleeping, and I'll bite the back of my tongue. What is that all about?

Can't say I get use to it I still get panic stricken just before it happens and plays on my mind if I going anywhere long haul flight for example catch 22 I start stressing my sz tolerance go down ..I only have look at boxes of pills i got use get through life I don't think anyone get used to that just becomes a part of your life what's the alternative

I'm used to having them but it sucks to not be able to put some plans in cement anymore, especially if it is near the time of month I usually have a seizure

Most of them I am used to except for the heat it has been so hot hear in Washington this year. I have had seizures every day this summer. I need a coffee.lol

My Simple Partials don't really bother me. I've had them since childhood, feel them start, & know what's going on around me the whole time. They're usually over w/in less than 5 minutes.
It's the Complex Partials that are troublesome. They began about 17 years ago, & have no auras. I've severely burned myself during at least 5 of them. I have also ruined 4 laptop keyboards while some occurred.

Am I Bothered? NO!!!!!

I have to say that I have never been bothered or ashamed of having seizures! I had many more things in my life that were more stressful to me so I did something that most people who have E can't do! I didn't even think about my E and in the long run this turned out to be a very satisfactory way to deal with my E!
I know that most people don't have to live with the situation I had and will have more time on their hands that will allow them to keep thinking about their E. All I can say is that I have talked to many people about what I did and asked them to try and only think about the positive aspects of their life and NOT the negative parts. When they have done this they have found out that they can have a much better life! :twocents:

acshuman

I've never been ashamed of my epilepsy--just annoyed, really. It has greatly limited what I can do for/with my sons without help. It has also prevented me from working, & using the degree I worked so hard to acquire.

Yes and no.

I am used to my type of seizure as in I have accepted that I have epilepsy, it is part of who I am now. I am not used to actually having the seizures, they all suck and have negative side effects.
Having said that, I do kind of enjoy the Alice in Wonderland syndrome thing, that does feel pretty cool in a weird and fascinating way.

Back
Top Bottom