How long have you had Epilepsy?

How long have you had Epilepsy?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

im off to work now but i will do that. i dont right much i just say what comes off of by brain at that second. well i gotta go telemarket some people now . talk to you laters

relatives vs neighbors

I got some annoying neighbors who think they have a right to 'help' me. They don't seem to care that they are more of a hazard, than help.
I also got some shitty co-workers who physically attacked me at work. Mostly, I'm fine, but I think it snapped me into a mild absence seizure, cuz I could find no-one around who attacked. No one said I'm sorry. Now there are lying, because they said I dropped my ipod. I never have a seizure when I'm in a good mood. And I was feeling fantastic that day. Now I am back into feeling grumpy.:paperbag:

I understand

I got some annoying neighbors who think they have a right to 'help' me. They don't seem to care that they are more of a hazard, than help.
I also got some shitty co-workers who physically attacked me at work. Mostly, I'm fine, but I think it snapped me into a mild absence seizure, cuz I could find no-one around who attacked. No one said I'm sorry. Now there are lying, because they said I dropped my ipod. I never have a seizure when I'm in a good mood. And I was feeling fantastic that day. Now I am back into feeling grumpy.:paperbag:
I recently had a very unfortuate family vacation where I was verbally abused by a cousin, daily. It was a tough situation because I was a "guest" at her home and I didn't want my elderly uncle to be aware of a rift. It would have caused him too much stress. He's 92. What I did: I either left the room, changed the subject or ignored her. Once home, I could do nothing but cry because I had held so much in. I rested for two days. My body and mind were so weak from the experience. When people are cruel, and there will be those in life, we have to learn how to self protect. My example is how I handled a bully. Think of ways to decompress that work best for you. A movie? Time with a friend? Bubble Bath? Music? We have so many "beautiful" resources to keep the "ugly" at bay

Oddly enough

I had the golden opportunity to spend time with Speber's band. That helped. I am also on a two week hiatus from school, because it affected that. I wish these shit-for-brains would go relieve themselves. Maybe they'd start seeing the light of day.

Good for you! Sounds like your doing stuff that makes you feel well. When I'm down I often go to Speber's Auditorium. Just relieves anxiety for some reason.

I had my first grand mal seizure in 1978 when I was 16 years old.
Things have been going good with no seizures since 1985 until I just found out my dilantin was extremely high.

I haven't been here in a long time but wanted to say that I have hade E 37years. I Emailed a GF to ask her if I acted 'different' when we were younger. She said that long before I was diagnosed, I would be talking & stop then start up again as if nothing happened. In talking to her I didn't mention epilepsy so she wouldn't change things

I haven't been here in a long time but wanted to say that I have hade E 37years. I Emailed a GF to ask her if I acted 'different' when we were younger. She said that long before I was diagnosed, I would be talking & stop then start up again as if nothing happened. In talking to her I didn't mention epilepsy so she wouldn't change things

i still do that some times

Hello-
I have had absence seizures since 6 years of age then it changed into complex partial seizure at or around 13-14 in which I took Tegretol. I stopped Tegretol due to being way too sleepy in school. I started it back up at 23 and now am on both Tegretol XR 600mg and Keppra 3000mg each day. I also have a mild heart condition of tachycardia and arrhythmia and had to go to the ER once for it for Adivan shot to slow my heart down.
We had more extensive testing at age 23 with a better neurologist and found out that I was still having seizures on both these meds together but its a drastic change from 1-20 Complex partials seizure a day to 1-2 smaller complex partials each day or every other day and 1-2 big complex partial seizure a month than before. I would like to be seizure free for good but since treatment was so late it will take a long time before tha will happen. I am thankful for medications that are available now-a-days.
Everyone take care and be safe.

I had auras for 6 years. Then started having absence seizures after about 5 1/2. Then I had a tonic-clonic. My husband called his doc and told her what I was doing and she said it sounded like seizures, but I din't believe him. I thought it was stress.

I was dx'd at 2 but my seizures started before than .
I've had tonic clonic,absence,atonic CP,SP I can have generalized sz's also sometime my neuro says.and I have my auras sometime My seizures al lI know that's life and If it's in public so be it.

Belinda

Last edited:
I wasn't diagnosed until I was 12 or so, when I fell out of bed and had a tonic-clonic. All the feelings in my head I had previously made sense after I was diagnosed... turned out they were absence seizures. As a kid I had no idea what they were and couldn't explain it to anyone.

But it was all caused by forcep injury during birth...

I've had epilepsy since I was about 18 mths old, when I had meningitis and a temperature of 108.

Diagnosed at ten. So in 1975. 34 years. Coma, brain cancer, status a few times.All from the Chicken Pox. High fever. Anyway, I might have had some small petit mal seizures before that but the Chicken pox set them off. Whatch out for that flu.I don't know how many types of sezures I have now.Be safe every one.

I have had epilepsy for almost 4 months now I think. I had my first grand mal in Speech class and hit a trash can. Oops :O (I am 15)

I am on Keppra And Topamax

Well, how are you doing now?15. Wow you sound really brave. my 11 year old son was in the hospital for monotoring(veeg)for a few days this week and one of his nurses was mine when I was a child.Are you still having those seizures now or are they better under control?

I do still have them, We are working on finding what works. :)

Aloha '15'!! Welcome to the group. Be sure and keep a diary of any changes and events. Your family can help with things you may not notice but are important. The meds can be tricky soo be careful.

I know things can be tough emotionally and and you might be saying ...wait a minute here. But Ill back you up. Where ya from?

Back
Top Bottom