Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shelley

Veteran
Reaction score
I was wondering if any body else has a low body temperature as their normal?
My temp has been low all my life, and now that I am sick after a vaccine, I have an elevated temp, and I am having lots of seizures.
I never thought about it until I did some research last night.
http://www.mall-net.com/mcs/coldbody.html
I don't know much about it, but it was the only site that said anything. (Yes, I typed out a complete sentence in Google search, just for that little.)
Does anybody else have low body temp, and when you have a fever, do your seizures increase?

I have a low body temp also. Mine is always 97. I do tend to have more seizure activity when I am sick, especially with a fever. Try to drink as much fluids as you can. You want to try to keep from getting dehydrated. That will make your activity much worse. Make sure all of your doctors have it written in your charts that you have a lower than normal body temp. Feel better soon!!

Generally it's okay if your temp tends to be lower than average -- there a plenty a folks, like huskymom and yourself for whom that's the case. I think it's on;y considered dangerous if your body temperature is regularly below 95 degrees. Also, if your temp has suddenly become lower than average, then it's worth getting checked out at the doctor's -- things like hypothyroidism or diabetes can be responsible.

i dont think it anything to worry about most people will deviate, mine is anything from 36c to 37.5...i have underactive tyroid and that is well known to lower temp..if anything serious i doubt you be sitting on computer...that maybe a hint more exercice

Back
Top Bottom