Coping With Epilepsy Neurofeedback & Counseling Associates
10% off neurofeedback training for CWE members - Las Vegas, NV and Denver, CO
Neurofeedback Partner - Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Our House > Back Fence

View Poll Results: Missed dosage / Forgot - Left at home or Forgot refill?
Yes 45 83.33%
No 4 7.41%
Had not .... yet! 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

This was almost a recipe for disaster. I had just finished switching from carbamazepine to Lamotrigine and took an overnight trip with my family to go see a concert. My youngest son had just entered an in-house treatment program at the local children's hospital to help treat him for ADHD/oppositional defiance disorder/tourettes. We took him out to go to the concert and almost took him back. Screaming and yelling in the car over issues with his video games. I almost got lost on the way to the concert. The concert for the most part was good.

When we got back to the hotel I asked my wife where my lamotrigine was and she said to me "am I supposed to pack your medication also?" In the stress of it all I left my medication 3 and 1/2 hours away. This was a new medication that I had no experience with missed doses and in an area away from home.

The medical helpline did know how to answer and told me to go to the emergency room. Off I went to the emergency room at midnight as I really didn't want to have a seizure. I am in an area where they speak french and I have a french name but really don't speak much french. They started speaking to me in french related to medical issues/background. Being an ER doctor they didn't have an answer but they were able to get me enough meds to get me home.

My pharmacist told me afterwards that the lamotrigine last in your system long enough that I would have been good until I got home the next day. Still kind of scary when you don't know. Last thing that I wanted was to have a seizure due to forgotten medication!

I just added a reminder to my medic alert app as I have taken my meds before supper and had actually no recollection afterwards if I took my lamotrigine. My memory is very sporatic with regard to when it works and when it doesn't!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Getting Comfortable

When I miss a dose, I feel so terrible. I get light headed, very foggy, and usually a headache. And if I don't remember whether I took it or not, I don't know what to do. It's not fun!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Weaving the Community Fabric

Yes, I have forgotten whether I have taken my meds and not taken enough on a trip fortunately I am more careful these days